Teachers: Beginners book recommendation?

wagdog

Ack
Greetings all, long time no post here.

I've taught a beginners guitar class twice to adult students. It's a 12 week course. I have provided all of the material using stuff I've created and some stuff from the 'net.

Recognizing that it can be done better, I'd like to get a book for my students w/lessons and practice.

Any recommendations? This is for complete beginners, 12 week course that meets once a week.

Actually my book WAS written to get students a solid start. One option for classes is to drop the note reading but keep the rhythm exercises and chord lessons for a shorter class. I can even send you mp3's of the song examples for students to practice along with at home.

Actually my book WAS written to get students a solid start. One option for classes is to drop the note reading but keep the rhythm exercises and chord lessons for a shorter class. I can even send you mp3's of the song examples for students to practice along with at home.

I usually skip the note reading with my students until they're pretty comfortable with most of the chords and reading rhythms. If a student already reads well due to another instrument I'll introduce it earlier.

For me the first few lessons are getting them playing chords and clapping quarter and eighth note rhythms. Once they can put the two things together then we get rolling on the note reading and I try to have both things going at the same time.

Thanks for the pointer and offer of mp3's - those would be helpful.

Do you have some sample pages of the book available? Maybe a table of contents as well? Would be helpful.

Much respect for you Mark - I'm sure it's good, I just need to make sure it would fit with my teaching style and the course as a whole.

Thanks,

Wag

Thanks for the pointer and offer of mp3's - those would be helpful.

Do you have some sample pages of the book available? Maybe a table of contents as well? Would be helpful.

Much respect for you Mark - I'm sure it's good, I just need to make sure it would fit with my teaching style and the course as a whole.

Thanks,

Wag

no problem. pm me your email address and I'll send you an evaluation copy.

Back