WTF: Taylor Swift is New York’s new Global Welcome Ambassador?

Its funny, I take the subway towards Manhattan every day in the late afternoon and early evenings. My train goes through Jamaica Station, which is a main hub for the Subway, LIRR, and the Airtrain from JFK Airport. For every out of state American I see transferring from the Airtrain to the Subway, I see 10 times as many European tourists. It may just be familiarity with mass transit systems, but it's always interesting to see throngs of Germans board the Subway.

I notice the groups of Germans coming in from Newark too. Either NYC is a more attractive vacation destination to Germans than other nationalities or they're easier to recognize.

It's much worse than that

scary-look-alike-picture-proves-justin-bieber-and-miley-cyrus-have-the-same-face.jpg

So Justin dresses up like Miley when he does a show, but keeps his Justin persona for every day life....just like Hannah Montana?

She's been in the papers this week promoting her new album.

Even by mindless young celeb standards she came off as ridiculously self absorbed.

She's what, 24 and prattling on a lot of bollocks about how she's grown and life lessons she's learned over the past 2 years and her music is reflective of that and she's always been annoyed that her music has been put into a genre because that's not what her music is about at all and it just makes it harder for the statements she's making to come across and she's done dating boys, she's looking for an emotionally mature boyfriend now and yadda fucking yadda. I actually felt sorry for the interviewer.

And this isn't even a "bah she's young and dumb" thing, Emma Watson is roughly the same age as her and when you see her interview or on TV she's incredibly articulate, cultured and well read i.e. someone you would like to take out for dinner and drinks

Then you get hurricane Taylor dribbling away and wonder why she's typecast as someone you wouldn't want to touch with a barge pole....

Reactions: Tig
She's been in the papers this week promoting her new album.

Even by mindless young celeb standards she came off as ridiculously self absorbed.

She's what, 24 and prattling on a lot of bollocks about how she's grown and life lessons she's learned over the past 2 years and her music is reflective of that and she's always been annoyed that her music has been put into a genre because that's not what her music is about at all and it just makes it harder for the statements she's making to come across and she's done dating boys, she's looking for an emotionally mature boyfriend now and yadda fucking yadda. I actually felt sorry for the interviewer.

And this isn't even a "bah she's young and dumb" thing, Emma Watson is roughly the same age as her and when you see her interview or on TV she's incredibly articulate, cultured and well read i.e. someone you would like to take out for dinner and drinks

Then you get hurricane Taylor dribbling away and wonder why she's typecast as someone you wouldn't want to touch with a barge pole....

THANK YOU

I think it's hard to condemn her for narcissism. She's the biggest star in music, and has been a huge star since being a teenager. She's done alright, considering. There are tons of self-centred undergrads in their early-20s; she seems positively normal, healthy, and well-adjusted compared to Miley or Bieber.

Back