WTF: Taylor Swift is New York’s new Global Welcome Ambassador?

Possibly half of NYC tourist revenue comes from Europeans. A strong dollar means a more expensive trip for them. So you market to middle America instead. Hence, Taylor Swift.

Fair enough, although I think NYC is a much more attractive vacation spot to Euro's than to middle Americans.

Fair enough, although I think NYC is a much more attractive vacation spot to Euro's than to middle Americans.

Its funny, I take the subway towards Manhattan every day in the late afternoon and early evenings. My train goes through Jamaica Station, which is a main hub for the Subway, LIRR, and the Airtrain from JFK Airport. For every out of state American I see transferring from the Airtrain to the Subway, I see 10 times as many European tourists. It may just be familiarity with mass transit systems, but it's always interesting to see throngs of Germans board the Subway.

All my work euro trash go to nyc for at least a weekend when they come to the US. It's a must visit destination no matter where they come from.

I know I'm weird but count me among the unwashed masses who think she is hot....and yeah....I like tall skinny chicks.

But she would not convince me to visit NYC. No celebrity would have that effect on me. But if she wants to personally try to change my mind I'm open..... :embarrassed:

Your poor, poor Katy.
ohsnap.gif

Doesn't Taylor Swift live in Nashville?

Why don't they get someone from NY to be ambassador to NY, like Howie? :tongue:

Reactions: Tig
Doesn't Taylor Swift live in Nashville?

Why don't they get someone from NY to be ambassador to NY, like Howie? :tongue:

If you want to fleece middle Americans out of their money, piggyback on a celebrity who is already out there doing it.

Also, you don't want me, you want Johnny T.

I'd still tongue punch her fart box.

I was reading this post a while ago and my Mom walked into the room and asked what I was looking at and I said "a guitar forum."

After she looked at the screen she screamed "this is the final straw, I've had it with you you bastard. Pack up your things immediately. I want you out of my house forever."

So thanks a lot for that, I'm now crashed over at my 2nd cousins place.

I was reading this post a while ago and my Mom walked into the room and asked what I was looking at and I said "a guitar forum."

After she looked at the screen she screamed "this is the final straw, I've had it with you you bastard. Pack up your things immediately. I want you out of my house forever."

So thanks a lot for that, I'm now crashed over at my 2nd cousins place.

did your first cousin kick you out too? :Wave:

Reactions: Tig
Back