Hot or Not? Taylor 812ce Grand Concert Cutaway 12-Fret

Tig

Fucktangular
812ce12ES2FE-xlarge.jpg

1600-812ce12ES2FE_angle.jpg

1600-812ce12ES2FE_back.jpg

1600-812ce12ES2FE_detail2.jpg

1600-812ce12ES2FE_body.jpg

Taylor's 812ce 12-Fret First Edition acoustic-electric guitar celebrates the first run of the new Grand Concert series. The 812ce 12-Fret First Edition features Indian rosewood back and sides, premium-grade Sitka spruce top, mahogany neck with ebony fretboard, and a pearl inlay design. Taylor went back to the drawing board to create custom bracing for each guitar model to give you the most out of your guitar. Everyone at Sweetwater is impressed with how the 812ce 12-Fret guitar sounds unplugged, especially with its natural 12-fret projection. You'll love the sound of Taylor's updated Expression System 2 at your plugged-in gigs. The Taylor 812ce 12-Fret First Edition Grand Concert has a robust output, dynamic range, and sensitive response for all types of players.

Body Style/Shape Grand Concert 12-fret Cutaway
Left-/Right-handed Right-handed
Color Natural
Finish Gloss
Top Wood Sitka spruce
Back & Sides Wood Indian Rosewood
Body Bracing 12-fret
Neck Wood Tropical Mahogany
Fingerboard Material Ebony
Fingerboard Inlay Element
Binding Maple
Neck Shape Taylor
Number of Frets 20
Scale Length 24.875"
Tuning Machines Classical chrome with pearloid buttons
Bridge Material Ebony
Nut/Saddle Material Tusq nut, Micarta saddle
Nut Width 1.75"
Body Length 19.5"
Body Width 15"
Body Depth 4.375"
Electronics Taylor Expression System 2
Strings Elixir Phosphor Bronze HD Light
Case Included Hardshell Case

$3549.00

While I don't like the typical Taylor sound, I've played a few with amazingly rich, complex tones and excellent projection. But there's no way I can tell by just looking. That might be one of the great ones. Might be just another Taylor.

I played a few 812 series at the local GC Friday and one really sang. The others were no slouches.

Man I'd love to try that. That's absolutely a Spanish Cedar neck and we all know what a fan of that I am.

Plus I have always cherished my 710ce.

Oh my, I shouldn’t have wandered in here… this give me GAS for an acoustic.

Hot, totally hot IMO!

Back