Tangent Police

I like thin vacuous blonde newscaster women.
I prefer not-so-thin brunettes.

Nigella-Lawson.jpg

Wow. the band (Vai especially) just nails the shit out of these tunes.
Yeah, but Dave back then was a trainwreck.

Dunno if you've gotten to listen to the new live album but he's 100 times better now than he was in '86. He's not as good as '74-'82, but he was that was over 33-40 years ago. LOL

Yeah, but Dave back then was a trainwreck.

Dunno if you've gotten to listen to the new live album but he's 100 times better now than he was in '86. He's not as good as '74-'82, but he was that was over 33-40 years ago. LOL
I haven't heard the live album. He sounds better in that DLR band video than most of the live VH stuff I've seen though. Farming out so much of the high stuff (and hooks) to the backing vocals helps a bit though :embarrassed:

I haven't heard the live album. He sounds better in that DLR band video than most of the live VH stuff I've seen though. Farming out so much of the high stuff (and hooks) to the backing vocals helps a bit though :embarrassed:
That's how those songs were originally done, though. Sometimes what you think was Dave was actually Michael Anthony and Eddie. Big difference is that Dave can't do that dual-toned squeal anymore.

I think Dave's got his shit together a lot more than he did back in his original run with VH, but he still is and always will be Dave. LOL

Here's the original show that they turned into the live album. This was shot by somebody else, so you can hear that they didn't actually touch the audio and pitch correct anything at all.

Back