Taking a protien a good idea or not?

Hi,

I want to know whether taking a protien is a good idea or not? I am not a regular gym goer. I can manage to go gym up to 3 days a week. My current weight is 83 kgs, age - 27 yrs, height -6" 0.5. My fitness goal is to lessen fat on the body specially tummy and make it shaped but not buldgy.
Expecting the best suggestions.
Thanking you in advance.

About me:
I'm new in this forum, I am a consultant and have worked with multiple firms

Muscle mass burns calories, so the more muscle be build, the more calories we burn. Replacing fat with muscle helps the overall goal of losing weight.

Protein after a workout helps with muscle recovery and muscle fiber building. Even if you are working on strength and endurance, not just bulk or power, you should consume protein. The sooner after the workout, the better.

Others here can add more detail.

Last edited:
If you are not working out, adding protein will do nothing in the way of helping you to lose weight. All you would be doing is adding calories to your diet.
I have a neighbor that wanted to lose weight and thought that just adding protein shakes would do that without having to exercise and change his diet....it won't at all.
If you're goal is to lose weight you need to devise a solid diet that meets all of you're nutritional requirements without being too calorie intensive.
Remember....no matter what you're goal is, muscle gain or fat loss...it happens in the kitchen. For example, just because somebody lifts weights does not guarantee they will grow their muscles...you need to feed your body correctly for whatever goal you have.

Back