Taco Bell takes aim at McDonald's with breakfast

I think the most important factor is not how late they will serve breakfast, but how early they will start. The "4AM breakfast taco after a night at the bars" crowd would be a good target market.

I don't mind Taco Bell as a fast-food option, probably because they are a rare fast-food place that offers something for vegetarians. It is nothing I'd do on a regular basis, but it is nice to have a place to go when I need it. That said, the item shown looked both disgusting and rather dumb.

Wouldn't be my first choice, but I would eat that. I would probably opt for a more traditional breakfast burrito wrapped in a tortilla. Seems odd that Taco Bell would lead off with a waffle-wrapped breakfast taco.

I don't mind Taco Bell as a fast-food option, probably because they are a rare fast-food place that offers something for vegetarians. It is nothing I'd do on a regular basis, but it is nice to have a place to go when I need it. That said, the item shown looked both disgusting and rather dumb.
Really? I had no idea they had vegetarian options.

Wouldn't be my first choice, but I would eat that. I would probably opt for a more traditional breakfast burrito wrapped in a tortilla. Seems odd that Taco Bell would lead off with a waffle-wrapped breakfast taco.

Ashley's on Bay Area at Thor makes tasty breakfast burritos. I like their egg, ham, and cheese. drool0

La India Bonita in League City (518 near Hwy 3, a block away from Danny D's Guitar Hacienda) makes good breakfast burritos, too.

Ashley's on Bay Area at Thor makes tasty breakfast burritos. I like their egg, ham, and cheese. drool0

La India Bonita in League City (518 near Hwy 3, a block away from Danny D's Guitar Hacienda) makes good breakfast burritos, too.

Duly noted for future breakfasting.

Reactions: Tig
I think the most important factor is not how late they will serve breakfast, but how early they will start. The "4AM breakfast taco after a night at the bars" crowd would be a good target market.

Exactly. Open late, I've been drinking all night and I want breakfast? My choice is Waffle House, IHOP, or picking up a Breakfast Taco and going home and passing out.

From the bottom of the page:

— A.M. Crunchwrap — scrambled eggs, a hash brown, cheese and bacon, sausage or steak in a flour tortilla.

— Waffle Taco — a waffle wrapped around a sausage patty or bacon, with scrambled eggs and cheese, served with a side of syrup.

— Bacon and Egg Burrito — Bacon, scrambled eggs and cheese wrapped in a flour tortilla

—Sausage Flatbread Melt — A sausage patty topped with cheese wrapped in a flatbread and grilled.

Our Taco Bells used to serve breakfast a while back.

There was a breakfast burrito that was awesome. When McDonalds later started carrying theirs, it wasn't as good because it didn't have any potatoes in it... so I always tear up my hash brown and put it in the burrito with hot sauce. :tongue:

BTW... you guys are pansies. Taco Bell is great fast food. I almost never eat at McD's, BK, or any of the other burger places. I would say that most of my weeks are usually evenly split between the Deli at the Farmer's Market, Subway, and Taco Bell. Then every once in a while I have Chinese, Wings, or Pizza. I try to eat "healthy" when I can.

That's my old stompin' grounds. I used to live right off of Bay Area Blvd & Middlebrook Rd. I worked onsite at JSC at the time and one of the Mexican women in the building would bring in home made breakfast burritos every Tuesday and sell 'em for a couple bucks. They were awesome, I miss those. After growing up in TX and living in CA, I miss good Mexican food. Tough to find it out here on the east coast.

Back to the Taco Bell breakfast...not sure if it is directly related or not, but McD's is now considering serving breakfast later than 10:30. To paraphrase Jimmy Fallon, I guess McD's finally figured out that hangovers last past 10:30.

Reactions: Tig
Back