Synyster Gates Custom S Satin Dark Earth Burst Electric Guitar - Today's Price $699.0 - Reg...

I am a fully certified, card carrying member of the A7X Apologist Association, but...that is and was the ugliest mass market guitar of all time.

I like it...except for the ridiculous inlays, and the horn shaped headstock, and the super pointy upper horn, and the ugly paint job, and the 3-per-side tuners. Other than that, it's pretty cool.

I really dislike that. I mean, the bones are good (trem, pickups, etc), but the execution of placing those parts into a guitar is just awful.

There's someone named Synyster?
Possibly. I mean, if the execs at Schecter gave the go-ahead to build those, and the marketing team at MF decided to buy, stock and advertise them, then it is entirely possible that the person behind that monstrosity is named Synyster. :shrug:

My friend who I jam with occasionally, the drummer in his band owns one of these in the black and gold color.

It's a fantastic playing guitar, and the attention to detail is excellent. I don't really care for the look either, but $699 is a really good deal on one of these.

The only thing I don't care for on the one I've played was the sustainer. You flip the switch to turn on the sustainer, and it's hard to control the feedback/squeal/noise :embarrassed:

It's a fantastic playing guitar, and the attention to detail is excellent. I don't really care for the look either, but $699 is a really good deal on one of these.

The only thing I don't care for on the one I've played was the sustainer. You flip the switch to turn on the sustainer, and it's hard to control the feedback/squeal/noise :embarrassed:

MIK Schecters are amazing guitars. I’ve never seen better build quality. The parts might not compare to booteek guitars, and the crazy thick finishes are weird, but the quality is killer.

As for sustainers/eBows, they’re for doing weird shit that doesn’t sound like a guitar. Great if you’re in a noise rock band. Not useful for much else.

Back