Swope Geronimo Electric Guitar Honey Burst

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
http://www.themusiczoo.com/product/22642/Swope-Geronimo-Electric-Guitar-Honey-Burst/

View All Swope Electric Guitars Inventory
$2,899.00 more info
22642_Geronimo_010_1.jpg

ACTUAL PHOTOS OF
Serial # 010

More Sharing ServicesShare on facebookShare on twitterShare on emailShare on print

Includes: Original Hardshell Case and Tremolo Arm

Luthier Chris Swope learned the craft of guitar repair and guitar building from years he spent at Roger Sadowsky's shop in New York and then the famed Gibson Custom Shop. He's coalesced his experience into building his own line of guitars beginning with the Geronimo model, borrowing from previous guitar designs and relying on input from professionals to create the guitar. It has a removable control plate (to better access electronics), a big, solid bolt-on neck, a somewhat '60s-like body style that seems futuristic, and Swope-made pickups that are hi-fi clean but also deliver a range of familiar and unique tones. A "Funk Bump" switch clicks in some immediate funk-friendly tones that filter out the low end. Endorsers of his guitars include Nashville session ace Kenny Vaughan, Jimi Hazel (24-7 Spyz), John Hall (Hall and Oates), and Eric Ambel (Bottle Rockets, the Yayhoos).

• Honey Burst Finish
  • Alder Body
  • Bolt-On Maple Neck with "C" Profile
  • Rosewood Fretboard with Clay Position Markers
  • 25.5" Scale; 1-21/32" Neck/Nut Width; 9.5" Radius
  • Bone Nut
  • Gotoh Vintage-Style Tuners
  • Original Geronimo Pickups
  • Volume and Tone Control with Five-Way Selector and "Funk Bump"
  • Chrome Hardware
  • Tremolo Bridge
  • 7 Pounds, 8 Ounces
  • Serial Number010
  • Retail Price$2,899.00
  • ShippingFREE!
  • SALE PRICE:$2,899.00

I can't decide if I like this or not. I'm honestly completely on the fence about this one.

I came in here prepared to state how it has a perfect name for guitar that I would want to throw out of a plane. But really, I don't dislike it. I would probably buy something else though.

It looks like a Fender Marauder, which I don't really like, so I don't like this one too.

Kind of like, but the like is not real strong with this one.

On the plus side it ships free, and it's on sale . . . for the same price as the retail price. :rolleyes:

Back