Sweetwater cart loaded....

Pine Apple Slim

Kick Henry Jackassowski
To complete my pa, and add some bass drum thump and presence to the band. Currently we've only run vocals thru the pa. We need a little more oomph. Not volume , just low end presence and kick.
Currently
2 Mackie SM450 v2 as mains
Peavey 12ch board.
In cart
2 Beringer 12" 500w powered subs
2 Beringer 10" 300w powered as monitors
The guitar player has 2 Beringer 500w we are currently using as monitors.
The stuff in the cart will give everybody a monitor, hopefully push the bass drum good enough, and allow us to mic up anybody or everybody.
Our venues are bars at around 100 capacity and the occasional small outdoor gig 100-200 at most. Figure anywhere we might play bigger than that would have its own system.

I like the idea of 2 lighter subs vs one big heavy one. Is the old man thinking straight?

Dude, do yourself a favor and get the tablet based mixer....you'll thank me later.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/X18

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DL1608L

The mackie uses an iPad exclusively and the behringer is capable of using window as well as Apple.
A friend of mine has the Mackie and it's a killer unit. I just don't like that you have to use an iPad, which I don't own. The plus to both of these units is that there is an app everyone on the band downloads and they control their own monitor mix.

Last edited:
My SM450s are about 5 yrs old. They dont have that capability.
Edit
I see that wouldn't matter except for the wireless.
That does look like a nice thing to have. Maybe next time.
Is the learning curve steep?

I think you're on the right track...

Bass frequencies are more unidirectional than the higher ones, so one larger sub would do the job, but in the smaller venues the 2 lighter subs will make it easier to adjust the frequencies that may be causing feedback issues by moving the subs around...plus they'll be much easier on your back...

Individual monitor mixes will be difficult without a bigger board but everybody having a dedicated speaker will be a huge improvement despite not having them...

My SM450s are about 5 yrs old. They dont have that capability.
Edit
I see that wouldn't matter except for the wireless.
That does look like a nice thing to have. Maybe next time.
Is the learning curve steep?
There are a bunch of eq and compression presets specifically designed for drums and vocals etc...that really make it simple. My friend that has the mackie is a drummer so, if he can...lol

The only wireless connection (wifi) is between the tablet and the dock. Everything else, connection-wise is exactly like any other mixer or snake.

Back