Surely they're recording the Kate Bush performances, right?

Gilmour financed her demo when she was sixteen and basically helped get her career started. They go waaaaaaaaaay back.

Gilmour financed her demo when she was sixteen and basically helped get her career started. They go waaaaaaaaaay back.

Yep. He heard her early songs and knew right away this was a very special artist. I didn't realize she wrote 'The Man With The Child In His Eyes' at 15 though. Holy crap! That was the song that got her signed.

There was a story about this run of shows that I read yesterday that talked about opening night. Apparently they have a LOT of security being super vigilant about stopping people from using their smartphones. Someone alluded to the strict enforcement being a bigger distraction than the twits doing it.

While I think she's someone that could benefit greatly from doing a DVD of these shows, as I watched folks get called out by venue staff during the Nickel Creek show I couldn't help but think about how people don't seem to enjoy the moment and reliving the memories as memories anymore. Why the hell would you want to watch a concert you're attending through the screen of your iPhone instead of enjoying the actual performance?

On the other hand, Kate not performing tunes from her entire catalog is stupid. I'm not saying she's stupid or arguing her right to perform what she wants how she wants, but you're doing these shows for the fans. As such you should give them a bit of everything they love. Also the English die-hard fans of many artists are often true fanatics. They love every note and want to hear her sing as many of her songs as possible. Modulating tunes to accommodate changes in your voice is standard practice. The Police did it a bunch, but I neither noticed nor gave a shit when they were fucking AWESOME at MSG.

Hopefully for her fans this might lead to a larger tour or maybe some extended runs at some key venues in the states.

Kate not performing tunes from her entire catalog is stupid.

Disagree.

I'm not saying she's stupid or arguing her right to perform what she wants how she wants

Agree.

but you're doing these shows for the fans. As such you should give them a bit of everything they love.

Strongly disagree.

Hopefully for her fans this might lead to a larger tour or maybe some extended runs at some key venues in the states.

I think that would be incredibly disappointing.

Disagree.

Agree.

Strongly disagree.

I think that would be incredibly disappointing.

We're obviously of different minds and that's all good. Your last statement, however, is confounding.

If she's performing well and can set up the show (or have her son do it) for similar runs in other parts of the world, why would it be incredibly disappointing? That said, I'm not actually looking for an answer or response.

Leslie-Nielsen_580.jpg

Kate is a rather unique artist - in fact that is what she is. An Artist. Not a singer nor songwriter nor musician. She really is an artist. And because she does perform live almost never I think she can get the leeway to do whichever songs she chooses and no one will gripe because it is this or nothing. AND to see 'The Ninth Wave' performed live in it's entirety would be so amazing.

She is being pretty smart about this too. Shows two nights in a row - then a break of two or three days before another couple shows. Probably more expensive as far as the venue gos, but as physical as her shows are and she is not young any longer (57) so that will give her body and voice the rest it will need for the long run of shows.

And yeah. I would love to see her do a two week run in another city but I do not expect that will happen anytime soon. And it would be in NYC if it did happen in the USA.

Kate is a rather unique artist - in fact that is what she is. An Artist. Not a singer nor songwriter nor musician. She really is an artist. And because she does perform live almost never I think she can get the leeway to do whichever songs she chooses and no one will gripe because it is this or nothing. AND to see 'The Ninth Wave' performed live in it's entirety would be so amazing.

She is being pretty smart about this too. Shows two nights in a row - then a break of two or three days before another couple shows. Probably more expensive as far as the venue gos, but as physical as her shows are and she is not young any longer (57) so that will give her body and voice the rest it will need for the long run of shows.

And yeah. I would love to see her do a two week run in another city but I do not expect that will happen anytime soon. And it would be in NYC if it did happen in the USA.

I'd assume NYC as well, Radio City Music Hall be an excellent venue for her type of show. The Dolans, however, would ask for some outrageous price though. Jimmy's all about the $$.

Back