Dig it! SuperStrat Appreciation Thread!

Gorgon90

Harmonic Dive Bomber
People tend to love them or hate them, let's see what you've all got.

Here's mine:

Jackson Infinity XL. Tried one in 1992/3. Couldn't afford it at the time. Took to 2011 to track this one down and buy it as a 40th Birthday Present to myself.

JacksonInfinityXL.jpg

Yamaha Pacifica 812S. More a SuperTele but it's in the spirit of this thread.

YamahaPacifica812S.jpg

Celebrity By Ovation SuperStrat. Really old gig pic from December 1993. Currently being done up.

Celebrity Old Pic.jpg

Axl Tiger Pro. On long term loan from my drummer. Pretty badass for £60.

Axl Tiger Pro.jpg

Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding......

We have a winner!

@Scott_Abene What is the bastardized white one with the added HB in it? That thing looks like it was made to SMOKE! I'd guess a Charvel neck on it, but there's a Band-Aid over the head-stock, lol....

This is just a 1986/87 Charvel Model 2 that started out its life looking like this:

1341980_orig.jpg

Eventually I removed the pickup cover and then one night after a gig at about 4 in the morning I decided that it needed another pickup so I installed a second J90 and the mini switches. The guitar is an absolute beast and always plays and sounds great. Sometime in 1987 Sam Ash on 48th street was blowing these out for $149 a piece. I bought 4 of them. Gave one to a friend, sold another and then kept two for myself. If you ever see one for sale... buy it!

It used to be a beautiful pearloid white. Over the years it has yellowed quite a bit.

Charvel_Model_1_1800_00.jpg

Officially, there is this new one. It's a Super Strat because of the little push switch (white dot between the tone knobs). It adds the bridge pickup with the switch in the 5, 4, & 3 positions.
IMGP9608_zpsa7abceca.jpg

2ca903eb-cc8e-4326-9289-900e918cf74d_zpsb6c837e0.jpg
IMGP9246_zps49699737.jpg

Pssst....I have a couple more I have been saving....nothing special, but my phone is dead and I can't take any pics.

OK,,,,here's one. A "Rat-Rodded" 1990 Charvel ST Custom (that I have owned since new) that I dropped in a Mighty Mite pre-loaded S-S-H pickguard in TORT (no less!) onto. Fucking screams. Not real good clean, but hey, who uses a Super-Strat to fucking play jazz? Besides Jazz sucks, and who wants to play clean when you can do......THIS!

charvelST.jpg

Back