Superbowl 50 Commercial Thread...

I liked the one with the astronaut.

the Ant-Man one was good, too. I just saw that movie last week.

The only time a laughed out loud was when the kid squirted out of the field of view of the ultra sound to get doritos.

I also liked the Weiner dogs. And I liked @Help!I'maRock! 's facebook reaction and comments thereto even more.

Wasn't that super impressed. Kinda liked that Shock top one. Missed the Antman one.

The audi commercial aired well before the Superbowl. I must have seen it as a YouTube ad since I don't watch TV anymore. I thought the ad was complete horse shit. An Apollo astronaut wouldn't be caught dead sitting around feeling sorry for himself. And he certainly wouldn't let his wife or his pussy son know about it if he was feeling that way. While Apollo astronauts certainly enjoyed fast cars, they also flew jets and the biggest and most powerful rockets ever built. Most of them were also combat and/or test pilots. Driving an Audi probably doesn't even register for a guy like that, even if it goes 200 mph or whatever. Also, it's an Audi.

Also, while I'm certain Audi had the legal rights to use that song in their ad, FUCK YOU AUDI for using that song in your ad. Especially considering Bowie so recently passed away.

1969-chevrolet-astrovette-apollo-12jpg.jpeg

Also, this:

“I need to ask myself, 'What would an Apollo astronaut do?' He'd drink three whiskey sours, drive his Corvette to the launchpad, then fly to the moon in a command module smaller than my Rover. Man those guys were cool.”
Andy Weir, The Martian

For anyone buying the bullshit that the "economy" isn't recovering, let the record show that both Audi and Honda (Acura) spent MILLIONS yesterday alone to market cars that cost well in excess of $100k.

And that's all I have to say about that.

I was wondering about that too. It's not like anyone seriously considering buying a high end sports coupe like the R8 or NSX are going to be persuaded by a 30 second ad. I guess they're just trying to show how cool their brand is, and that maybe you can dream about the NSX when you're buying your Sentra. :shrug:

Back