Super Sad Dick Dale Story

Hell, why should his insurance pay for colostomy bags at all? Just tape an empty Subway sandwich bag to your asshole, gramps. By the way thanks for writing Wipeout.

(Yes, I know he didn't write Wipeout)

I don't quite understand how this can happen...if it is true (since it posted on UG I'm not sure, it would be different if it was on Fox news because they are fair and balanced :Wave:). The reason I don't understand is that with ACA there are no longer any rejection of coverage due to preexisting conditions and there are no longer lifetime limits. Therefore based on the research I've been doing (since I will be funding my own HC shortly) there should be a max OOP (out of pocket cost)/year and $36,000 is far away from the most costly plan I have seen. Furthermore he's old enough for Medicare which should reduce his required costs compared to what someone who isn't eligible for medicare can get.

FWIW a "Cadillac plan" here in Calif which is more expensive than a lot of places would cost me about $1800/month. But with that plan I would have pretty much 0 out of pocket costs and something like outpatient surgery would cost only a copay. How do I know? My previous job had such a plan and my knee surgery cost me $35 which included the $40 crutches :shrug:. Spending $3000/month seems and not having full coverage seems odd to me

He may have to play to pay for his medical expenses but that may be because he wants something you can't get from the regular mainstream medicine.

Damn, I'm going to see him Friday night. Saw him 2-3 years ago and he was fantastic. No idea about his health.

He's had the problem for a long time from what I've heard. I recall reading somewhere where Hendrix saying "You will never hear surf music again" was in response to Dale's illness back in the sixties. Not sure if true or not.

Back