Super Sad Dick Dale Story

Damn, he's tough. The man deserves, no, has earned better treatment.
Reason #1648 on why I despise medical insurance companies.

It is sad that someone with insurance still has to pay that kind of coin every month. Especially at that age. :(

Hopefully some of his wealthy fans will see this story and take car of Dale. I can't imagine guys like Tarantino and Van Halen letting Dick Dale go through this shit.

But kudos to Dick Dale for wanting to go out onstage. Rock and roll to the very end.

That is beyond awful. It is a crime that this 78-year-old American man is responsible for $3,000 monthly medical bills. Web as a society are failing him.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

yea, especially when there's guys like bill gates renting a 300+ foot long yacht for 5 million a MONTH. yep our system is totally and completely fucked.
your health SHOULD NOT be a for profit business. that's like calling the fire department to come put out your house fire and they say "ok, right after you write a check for $10,000".......it's bullshit.

I could've sworn that he passed away about 5 years ago...

That's strange, & a terrible situation.

I'd say the more damning thing is the fact he made / kept no money from his music career, probably through corrupt this or that with record companies years ago.

I'd say the more damning thing is the fact he made / kept no money from his music career, probably through corrupt this or that with record companies years ago.

Surf rock wasn’t popular for very long, was a regional phenomenon, and his popular songs were singles. So he probably didn’t earn much to begin with, and the money he made selling albums in the 60s has been gone for a long time. Whoever owns the rights to his early recordings demands absurd fees to use the old recordings, so they’re rarely licensed. Dale started his own record label and rerecorded some stuff to license himself at reasonable rates, but he only gets that business if somebody knows to go to him.

I suspect he is getting bad advice on his healthcare and/or insurance or he is using non-approved therapies. He would qualify for medicare based on his age and with supplimental insurance he shouldn't have to pay that much out of pocket.

Still sad he has to work so hard, if he can't or doesn't want to, at his age.

I suspect he is getting bad advice on his healthcare and/or insurance or he is using non-approved therapies. He would qualify for medicare based on his age and with supplimental insurance he shouldn't have to pay that much out of pocket.

The problem is that his insurance doesn’t cover nearly enough. His insurance company wants him to wash out and reuse colostomy bags and he just wants to keep using new ones to avoid infections.

Why make the insurance company pay the cost of a new colostomy bag when this elderly, aching man can spend time every day rinsing the shit out of a plastic bag?

Back