Super 70s

Help!I'maRock!

Mediocringly Derivative
zs9shsgq9qku6h5yej9h.jpg

Https://reverb.com/item/2116216-ibanez-ar50-6-string-electric-guitar-1980-black

This is all @dmn23's fault. Gear sale to pay for it forthcoming.

So, original '70s Super 70s? Sweet! AlNiCo 8 goodness!

From what I've read, yes. I also know they're supposed to be around 8k. One thing that I saw on the SD forum was they're 43 gauge wire? Is that correct? If so, it would explain the higher output some claim. But I haven't seen anything definite on that. So any info you have is appreciated.

From what I've read, yes. I also know they're supposed to be around 8k. One thing that I saw on the SD forum was they're 43 gauge wire? Is that correct? If so, it would explain the higher output some claim. But I haven't seen anything definite on that. So any info you have is appreciated.
As far as I know they're basically a PAF type wind with 42 gauge wire but with A8 magnets. In fact, a lot of people say that if you take a Duncan '59 and put an A8 in it you basically have a Super 70.

43 gauge wire at 8K would actually be an anemic sounding wind. The coil would be physically small looking.

As far as I know they're basically a PAF type wind with 42 gauge wire but with A8 magnets. In fact, a lot of people say that if you take a Duncan '59 and put an A8 in it you basically have a Super 70.

43 gauge wire at 8K would actually be an anemic sounding wind. The coil would be physically small looking.

Thanks for clearing up the wire question. I've read a bit about magnet swapping on the SD forum and the A8 59 was what I thought of too. Hopefully it sounds as good as advertised.

Thanks for clearing up the wire question. I've read a bit about magnet swapping on the SD forum and the A8 59 was what I thought of too. Hopefully it sounds as good as advertised.
Crank the fuck out of your most Marshally sounding amp, plug it in, and play "You've Really Got Me". A lot of Van Halen I was recorded with a Super 70 in a '70s Destroyer.

Back