Achtung! Summer RecordingFest! White Elephant, with a twist...

Well @Prages , I did you the favor of compiling some of what I thought to be the most plausible "ideas" of mine. Some are almost complete songs. Some are just a riff I wanted to record before I forgot it. Some were recorded in High School, most in college. A few within the past 2 years.

Have a listen, and if you have any questions on any of them just let me know. Good luck, we're all counting on you.
https://soundcloud.com/eloydrummerboy

And @Peeker , I was in a punk rock band all through High School, so I'm looking forward to this. Any suggestions? Or should I just start browsing for ideas? Where's the best place to find your stuff?

Well @Prages , I did you the favor of compiling some of what I thought to be the most plausible "ideas" of mine. Some are almost complete songs. Some are just a riff I wanted to record before I forgot it. Some were recorded in High School, most in college. A few within the past 2 years.

Have a listen, and if you have any questions on any of them just let me know. Good luck, we're all counting on you.
https://soundcloud.com/eloydrummerboy

And @Peeker , I was in a punk rock band all through High School, so I'm looking forward to this. Any suggestions? Or should I just start browsing for ideas? Where's the best place to find your stuff?
http://thepeekertones.webs.com/

I will be happy to write out words/chrods for whoever wants

as best as I can, anyways....
a lot of The Peekertones stuff is one-off, so I don't remember it myself

@sunvalleylaw, you can check out my stuff at the following links:

Our most recent record is streaming here along with a couple of unplugged recordings: http://www.reverbnation.com/therunaroundband/songs

The vast majority of the rest of our catalog is here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2mcO1K85SD_k8_8VD3qmNg

Once you settle on a song, I can see about sending you an actual copy of it. Some of them I have readily available, some I don't. I can get whatever you need though.

On another note... @Modern Saint! Where can I find the tunes?
Cool! Thanks! Since I do not have any of my own material, I am thinking of picking another one of yours to assign to @rsadasiv.

Prages, if you want easy, "Brooke Burke is sexy" or "Twice" are up your alley and mostly finished sans lyrics.

If you're looking for a bit of a challenge, take one of the other songs that are just jams or riffs. I've always like 4th, and thought that California would make a good song. Feel free to do whatever you want with any of these, even the almost finished songs. Complete creative license.

If you're really looking for a challenge and want to flex your creative genius, I have a recording, that I didn't post, which a friend of mine and I did for a High School project. Themes and Reflections in the style of Jazz of The Great Gatsby. :embarrassed: The recording is shit. The song is unfinished. And it's only piano and bass. If you take this song, you have cojones. I dare you. :grin:
:zw:

Saint, I really dig the 80's stuff. I think I've mostly got what I'm gonna do worked out. Now practice, practice and then record. Probably then practice some more and re-reord. :embarrassed: You're a hell of a lot better guitar player than I.

Saint, I really dig the 80's stuff. I think I've mostly got what I'm gonna do worked out. Now practice, practice and then record. Probably then practice some more and re-reord. :embarrassed: You're a hell of a lot better guitar player than I.

Thanks for the kind words Jeremy.

Prages, if you want easy, "Brooke Burke is sexy" or "Twice" are up your alley and mostly finished sans lyrics.

If you're looking for a bit of a challenge, take one of the other songs that are just jams or riffs. I've always like 4th, and thought that California would make a good song. Feel free to do whatever you want with any of these, even the almost finished songs. Complete creative license.

If you're really looking for a challenge and want to flex your creative genius, I have a recording, that I didn't post, which a friend of mine and I did for a High School project. Themes and Reflections in the style of Jazz of The Great Gatsby. :embarrassed: The recording is shit. The song is unfinished. And it's only piano and bass. If you take this song, you have cojones. I dare you. :grin:
:zw:

I have to admit...I listened to Brooke Burke Is Sexy because the title got my attention and i loved it.

I'm interested in the dare as well.

I have to admit...I listened to Brooke Burke Is Sexy because the title got my attention and i loved it.

I'm interested in the dare as well.

I have to admit, I'm a bit drunk right now or I wouldn't have even mentioned the dare. Don't do it. But I'll upload it just for some laughs. We were dumb high school kids. I crack up every time I listen to this recording.

It's loaded.

Warning, this was recorded on a cassette recorder. The first 7 min is him showing me the song he wrote. Then the tape cuts out for us to practice a bit, then we do the first take starting at 7:10. (I'm "Stussy" btw) 12:embarrassed:0 starts our 2nd take. "Going out to all the brothers!"

:bfp:

The final recording we presented for the grade was cleaner, I swear. But I never got a copy.

Yeah, so, if you dare, have a go. Or anybody else. Lyrics are supposed to be about the Great Gatsby. I'll submit it to Mrs. Altebello for a grade once you're finished.

Ok, so when is the reveal deadline on this thing I got myself into? The first one I really committed to, and I just realized I will be trying to do justice to another Weiner's work!

E5AD7286-D7D5-445E-A227-503F77ABAB84_zpset2vyokd.jpg

Checking out a fellow Weiner's work whilst enjoying a healthful beverage. :grin:

Back