Achtung! Summer RecordingFest! White Elephant, with a twist...

Oh!!!

I just realised how this works. I have no originals to submit for someone to cover.

I'll just cover someone elses original on the side. Can't be part olf a drawing though.

So when abouts are we going to do this drawing? It just so happens that drummergirl is out of town for a Bachellorette party and I have tomorrow off and the rest of the weekend free. It would work out great if I could get started. I'll be fine if I have to wait though, I'll make time to get it done. Just wondering.

In not sure when I'll do the drawing. Maybe tomorrow morning. I have the weekend free too, it would work out nicely.

In not sure when I'll do the drawing. Maybe tomorrow morning. I have the weekend free too, it would work out nicely.

That'd be great. But, again, if a few people are still on the fence or you want the thread to get a little more visibility before "finalizing" it (though these things never seem to really be finalized) then don't do it just on my behalf.

Let me get this straight...If I can find the time to record some trashy piece of junk probably without bass (since I don't have a bass or really know how to play one right) and no words since I write about one song a century...you guys will polish it up for me and make it into a real song?

That would be cool I have some ideas and now that the new computer is up and running recording is something I can do again...I just need to find the time

But I think I'll pass on this one, my skill level wouldn't do any tune any justice. :embarrassed:

I fully expect that I'll do someone's tune at my skill level, in my style, while whoever gets mine will do it at their skill level in their style. That's what makes this idea so fun and exciting to me!

Ok, I'll do the drawing tonight after work. It'll be around 11pm, central. Make up your minds before then!

Nuke, yes, that is correct

Gary, I couldn't agree more. the best part (of waking up is Folg...dammit!) is seeing how someone else interprets your song.

like, it'd be neat to see Phil do one of my tunes in the style of his song that he posted, ya know?

Thanks Peeker...

It would be embarassing as hell since probably everything would be better than the original but it's something to work on...maybe I'd get lyrics out of it...I can't write lyrics worth shit

Thanks Peeker...

It would be embarassing as hell since probably everything would be better than the original but it's something to work on...maybe I'd get lyrics out of it...I can't write lyrics worth shit

I'm in the same kayak. None of my songs have lyrics. Whoever gets me will have to write them or make it an instrumental.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Hell, most of my "songs" aren't even finished but just ideas I put down while they were fresh.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

@sunvalleylaw, you can check out my stuff at the following links:

Our most recent record is streaming here along with a couple of unplugged recordings: http://www.reverbnation.com/therunaroundband/songs

The vast majority of the rest of our catalog is here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2mcO1K85SD_k8_8VD3qmNg

Once you settle on a song, I can see about sending you an actual copy of it. Some of them I have readily available, some I don't. I can get whatever you need though.

On another note... @Modern Saint! Where can I find the tunes?

Last edited:
Back