Hot or Not? Suhr Classic T

Wow, that is pretty fuckin' hot.

But not as hot as this!
Kauerblue_zps889203c8.png

That would kick all sorts of ass.

BTW Surf Green is the best sounding color ever made. But 4300? I have no idea Suhr's are getting that up there. You can get damn near 2 Arcturi configured exactly the same for the money.

If it's going to be a hardtail, it should have a Tele bridge pup. It doesn't need to have the bridge itself unless you require that aesthetic, but that pup is golden. Also, maple board.

The black pups look much better and I like the Tele cut-off bridge, LOVE the trans red finish and maple board, but I'd still prefer a Tele bridge pup...or two HBs and make is a smoking TeleGib.
Well, I already have plenty of Teles and plenty of double humbucker guitars. I need some P90s. LOL

Pic is way out of date, but it's representative of the type of guitars I have if not the exact guitars I currently own. Sunburst Tele and the LP are gone.
couch.jpg

Well, I already have plenty of Teles and plenty of double humbucker guitars. I need some P90s. LOL

Pic is way out of date, but it's representative of the type of guitars I have if not the exact guitars I currently own. Sunburst Tele and the LP are gone.
couch.jpg

Well, it seems you have two maple boarded Teles with neck HBs. If variety is the need, you should send one of them to me. :thu:

Not a fan of the colour or the price. Suhr make really good quality stuff and you pay for workmanship, but I'm not seeing what makes that a $4K guitar rather than a $2K guitar if you know what I mean. If you went the Warmoth route, you could probably score the bits and put it together yourself for sub $1K.

The price is a big factor with this guitar. One could get two excellent PRS for this price or even a pair of the higher end production Fenders that work just fine for the likes of Dweezil Zappa. I know we're comparing production to custom shop in attention to detail, but so much of Suhr's processes are like PRS's that it's getting more and more like excellent high-end (but relatively low output) factory guitars.

And there's nothing wrong with that, but it's hard to justify nearly $4,500.00 for such a basic guitar. That assessment of simplicity being a factor in cost doesn't take all the detail work into account, but the reality with instruments is that as the price increases the more the player is dealing with diminishing returns. So if you have the ears to hear the difference and feel the difference is worth the money, then hopefully you have the money to sate the need.

The larger reality is that Mark is going to sound great on his Squier Classic Vibe or his McFeely, but the other reality is that one inspires his playing (and sounds and feels better to him) and the other is a basic a tool for playing/practicing as you can get (and he'll be more comfortable with the kids and Jack bumping into it:thu:). The intangibles are a huge part of it, but hopefully those intangibles have to do with the sound and not the name on the headstock.

Now, I'm not normally pricing Suhr guitars... But how does this price compare to what they normally go for?

Now, I'm not normally pricing Suhr guitars... But how does this price compare to what they normally go for?

I'm guessing it's about right based on ordering a guitar from them, but the issue seems to be more about what a basic guitar it is. It's not one of his fancy topped crazily inlayed jobbers...it doesn't even have a trem. Further, while many of us are sure that it's a exceptional playing guitar that is capable of great tones, we'd never either drop that kind of cash on a guitar. I'm very poor.:thu:

I'm guessing it's about right based on ordering a guitar from them, but the issue seems to be more about what a basic guitar it is. It's not one of his fancy topped crazily inlayed jobbers...it doesn't even have a trem. Further, while many of us are sure that it's a exceptional playing guitar that is capable of great tones, we'd never either drop that kind of cash on a guitar. I'm very poor.:thu:
I got mine for $2250 12 years ago at a 30% discount and the other for $2500 7 years ago at the same discount. It looks like a custom build would start at about $2750 if you order it from Matts Music: http://www.mattsmusic.com/SUHRCUSTOM-prod.html
So, this is probalby not a street price, but a pie-in-the-sky MSRP.

So, this is probalby not a street price, but a pie-in-the-sky MSRP.

Quite likely, but his prices, much like the Fender Cusomst Shop have skyrocketed in the last decade. I remember when you could get a quote for about $1,500.00 for a basic Custom Shop Strat. Now, it's at least double that for the most basic versions.

Back