Suhr Classic (Strat)

thredlok said:
have you tried the texas specials in your strats?

I'm not a fan of them, to be honest. I haven't put them in one of my guitars but when I worked for the Fender dealer I played a bunch of guitars with them and didn't really dig them too much. idn_smilie

No...I haven't done too much with replacement pickups. So far I've tried the SD Antiquities, Fender 57-62 reissues, SD '59 and the Trembucker Cstom. Once I have a guitar that sounds the way I like I usually don't mess with it too much...

markwein said:
No...I haven't done too much with replacement pickups. So far I've tried the SD Antiquities, Fender 57-62 reissues, SD '59 and the Trembucker Cstom. Once I have a guitar that sounds the way I like I usually don't mess with it too much...

sure, but you've tried them in something. i played them in a music man guitar. was supposed to sound like a strat and it really did.

helpimarock said:
markwein said:

sure, but you've tried them in something. i played them in a music man guitar. was supposed to sound like a strat and it really did.

I don't really know...if I have I wasn't aware of it...

markwein said:
helpimarock said:
markwein said:

this is unacceptable, Mark. you must know every last thing about every guitar you've ever played. only then can you make an informed decision on why everybody else's gear sucks so much more than yours does.

helpimarock said:
markwein said:
helpimarock said:
markwein said:

this is unacceptable, Mark. you must know every last thing about every guitar you've ever played. only then can you make an informed decision on why everybody else's gear sucks so much more than yours does.

lol.

I've never been enough of a "detail" guy to be a complete gear snob :embarrassed:

The alnico II pros are my favorites in the neck and middle, I haven't got around to putting them in the strat I play most though :embarrassed:

Back