Suck it, Moon truthers!

lol. I love that video. I think I posted about it here years ago. A fine example of what results from calling a decorated Korean war pilot a coward and a liar.
Whether or not he truly believed he had a viable claim that the landing did not happen , the way he kept getting in the guy's face repeatedly was so obnoxious, I wanted to hit the dude. Not that hitting people usually makes things better. but still.

Whether or not he truly believed he had a viable claim that the landing did not happen , the way he kept getting in the guy's face repeatedly was so obnoxious, I wanted to hit the dude. Not that hitting people usually makes things better. but still.

Yeah, the guy was a douche. I don't typically advocate for a punch in the face, but I suppose Buzz Aldrin gets a free pass for this kind of thing, being a national/international hero dealing with a nutter who has spent his life stalking him at public appearances and trying to discredit one of the greatest human accomplishments. Imagine the response from any law enforcement agent responding to that call.

I have an intense respect for the Apollo astronauts, as I met Neil Armstrong and Eugene Cernan at my Ph.D. thesis graduation. I got my Ph.D. from Purdue, where both of those guys attended undergrad, and back when I was in school, they were regular attendees for commencement. The day I walked for my Ph.D., the guest for the school of science was Neil Armstrong, and he shook hands with all of the science graduate students, including me. When I walked across the stage to get my diploma, he leaned in and said "you must be pretty smart, kid, as I don't even know what they hell that thesis title even means". The dean was reading grad student names and thesis titles through the microphone. He then winked at me, and shook my hand and said something like "congratulations, science really is critical to our nation". I will never, ever forget that day. I had a friend behind me in the graduation, and he said he poked fun at him for being from Texas, but he could have said the same thing to everyone. Anyway, I shook hands with the first guy to walk on the moon. I think it says something about the man that he attended his old college graduation, and went to the science and engineering schools to meet the young people getting degrees. Same for Cernan, but he was over in the physics and chemistry graduation, so I never got to meet him, outside of the group wave to the crowd.

Last edited:
I have an intense respect for the Apollo astronauts, as I met Neil Armstrong and Eugene Cernan at my Ph.D. thesis graduation. I got my Ph.D. from Purdue, where both of those guys attended undergrad, and back when I was in school, they were regular attendees for commencement. The day I walked for my Ph.D., the guest for the school of science was Neil Armstrong, and he shook hands with all of the science graduate students, including me. When I walked across the stage to get my diploma, he leaned in and said "you must be pretty smart, kid, as I don't even know what they hell that thesis title even means". The dean was reading grad student names and thesis titles through the microphone. He then winked at me, and shook my hand and said something like "congratulations, science really is critical to our nation". I will never, ever forget that day. I had a friend behind me in the graduation, and he said he poked fun at him for being from Texas, but he could have said the same thing to everyone. Anyway, I shook hands with the first guy to walk on the moon. I think it says something about the man that he attended his old college graduation, and went to the science and engineering schools to meet the young people getting degrees. Same for Cernan, but he was over in the physics and chemistry graduation, so I never got to meet him.

Awesome story!

Back