stupid boost question

The SHO has a very interesting effect on my sound, even when I have it barely boosting anything....its almost like a super-buffer. I like it, but I'm not sure how it will replace the RC Booster. Can't wait for my gig on Saturday to find out though.

Yeah, I'm getting that too. And I knew it would happen, which is why I got the Super Duper, so I had another one for boost. But I kinda didn't count on actually liking the OMG HORSIE pedal.

Yeah, I'm getting that too. And I knew it would happen, which is why I got the Super Duper, so I had another one for boost. But I kinda didn't count on actually liking the OMG HORSIE pedal.
:grin:

I'd actually like to try the omg horsie pedal too even though I really don't need one.

:grin:

I'd actually like to try the omg horsie pedal too even though I really don't need one.

I really dislike the clipping on it through a tube amp, for the same reason I hate Tubescreamers and most other overdrive pedals. Sounds good through my SS Peavey though. But the "treble" knob really adds something that I haven't found on other overdrives.

I really dislike the clipping on it through a tube amp, for the same reason I hate Tubescreamers and most other overdrive pedals. Sounds good through my SS Peavey though. But the "treble" knob really adds something that I haven't found on other overdrives.

So far the SHO works best for me when it isn't crushing the amp...The clipping you get from that doesn't entirely work with the sounds I need it for usually although it's no unusable or anything.

So far the SHO works best for me when it isn't crushing the amp...The clipping you get from that doesn't entirely work with the sounds I need it for usually although it's no unusable or anything.

Yeah, i liked it best as a line buffer. The second channel on the Super Duper has a master control, so you can dial in a bit of grit and then manage the boost.

Yeah, i liked it best as a line buffer. The second channel on the Super Duper has a master control, so you can dial in a bit of grit and then manage the boost.
I was reading about the Super Duper after I bought mine but then realize that I get more of what I want in that department from the Koko Boost anyway...they sound pretty different from each other.

I also realized as I was typing up the guitar and amp list for the album that I used the Koko boost for almost everything and the RC booster really didn't factor into my recorded sound. That was enlightening.

The OMG HORSIE pedal did not like my bass last night. When my guitarist played through it, he said it was probably the best overdrive under $100. And he's a TGP corksniffer.

Still feeling this way about the HORSIE. Longing for my new SD.

Super Duper is very, very cool. I built one up last year with 2 master volumes for stacking. Awesome.

Fun fact: Super duper is 2 SHOs stacked, and a Box of Rock is 3 stacked. You know what 4 is? Box of Metal.

THAT's getting some mileage out of a design :grin:

Unsurprisingly, the Super Duper won. It was no contest, really. And it's not that the Soul Food sounded bad. Again, I love it with the gain down. But the Super Duper sounded great with gain, as a buffer, and with the channels stacked. The Soul Food really never had a chance in my setup. Especially since the Double Pickle Drive dishes out so much gain on it's own.

Unsurprisingly, the Super Duper won. It was no contest, really. And it's not that the Soul Food sounded bad. Again, I love it with the gain down. But the Super Duper sounded great with gain, as a buffer, and with the channels stacked. The Soul Food really never had a chance in my setup. Especially since the Double Pickle Drive dishes out so much gain on it's own.
I used the SHO for all of the Les Paul tracks (all of the "bottom" parts) on the backing track collection last week. the first four tracks I wish I had done a little differently because its a bit crunchier than I was planning through the Silvertone. I ended up using the McFeely and Badger 30 for the top parts on the other side with no pedals though. El Borrachito seemed to dig it since I tried turning it off and one point and he told me to turn it back on without knowing what it was I was changing :)

Finally gave in and tried a new Colossus in a store today.

I released near-manic laughter within the first five minutes. We're talking holy-s evil genius laughter.

Minor damage to credit card is done.

Serious damage to my family's patience is coming. :grin:

Super Duper is very, very cool. I built one up last year with 2 master volumes for stacking. Awesome.

Fun fact: Super duper is 2 SHOs stacked, and a Box of Rock is 3 stacked. You know what 4 is? Box of Metal.

Mind. Blown.

I'd be interested in a BOR or Basstortion clone. Especially if it were in mini-pedal format.

Back