stupid boost question

You need a bigger board...
jaws_swims_behind_chief_brody-1.jpg

I don't believe in bigger boards. There's just so much you can use in an hour long set of original music. And I don't mind turning knobs if it means I can keep things simple. The only time I use my Pedaltrain Jr is when I'm running either the TZF or Pitchfactor. They need the extra space.

I went back to the setup at the top of this page, but turned the Echorec. We'll see how it does in rehearsal on Tuesday.

and after two days of trying the SD in every position starting from first in line, we're back to the end of my last post. The Quasar didn't like it anywhere except for after the Echorec. Brought out a harshness in front, and a volume drop afterwards. The signal chain is:

Subdecay Quasar DLX -> Mr. Sage Double Pickle Drive -> Mojo Hand Colossus -> Catalinbread Echorec -> Z-Vex Super Duper -> Catalinbread Valcoder.

depends on the original music but honestly I use about a quarter of whats on my board right now for the original music.

That's why I'm trying to keep it small. There's just so many effects I can use over the course of a 40 minute set. I'm better served turning knobs on what i do bring instead of hauling extra equipment. Besides, nobody cares anyway. All this stuff is just for me.

Can you tell me about the how the colossus compares to a Big Muff? I kind of like my Russian muff but it's too big, too crappy, and I want more definition on the low strings.

Can you tell me about the how the colossus compares to a Big Muff? I kind of like my Russian muff but it's too big, too crappy, and I want more definition on the low strings.

The Colossus is a Russian "Civil War" Muff with a mids control. If you like the Russian Muff but find it gets lost in the mix, the Colossus is for you. But it's definitely a big wall of sound muff.

Mark: it's really a great pedal. I hope you like it.

with the soul food?

Yep.

The Shiva is the 2x12 combo. I only use the clean channel and it absolutely loves the Llama with the distortion at about 10 o'clock. With the SF, I was able to set it for a slight mid and volume boost with no gain boost at all, on top of the Llama. That sounded great for solos and this one tune which is just a wall of sound.

I'll probably run both the ZVex and EHX for a while to see what I like best. But with that amp, the SF was very nice indeed.

1013205_10152293091922425_801332273_n.jpg

The SHO has a very interesting effect on my sound, even when I have it barely boosting anything....its almost like a super-buffer. I like it, but I'm not sure how it will replace the RC Booster. Can't wait for my gig on Saturday to find out though.

Back