Studio lessons with Tim Pierce.

This is fascinating stuff. It also clearly shows that a key asset of a session pro is personality - he exudes enthusiasm.

This is fascinating stuff. It also clearly shows that a key asset of a session pro is personality - he exudes enthusiasm.
Well, you definitely need to have people skills. Here he is with Pete Thorn in their regular web show:

There's a point at the beginning of the part in the second video that sounds exactly like my security panel alert when setting it in a mode.
Beep beep.

I kept wanting to get up and see what was going on.

Thank you!!! I'm working on recording some originals and this is exactly the kind of information I need to keep them from sounding busy or muddy (which I've had frequently happen).

While I know I've heard him elsewhere, my main audio point of reference for Tim Pierce is on one of my favorite albums, Toy Matinee. I know M. Saint's feeling me there.:thu:

There was a time when I wanted to be Pierce, Landau, or Huff type guy, which also means Lukather (although I always think of him as Toto's guitarist). The type of player that gets called in to do almost anything, including those special moments where they get to really add to the music, which I think he did with Toy Matinee. Actually, I know they often end up adding a whole lot more than they're ever given credit for, but that's cool in it's way as well (just not as cool as actually getting the credit and the money that should accompany it).

I'll be watching more of these vids. I'll also really be learning Sweet Home Alabama after all these years from the first post Mark did with Mr. Pierce.

Back