Strymon Riverside That Pedal Show

As posted before...

I got to try it out yesterday at the Strymonsocial. The pedal sounds great and what you are paying for is a lot of R&D within the pedal. While I did not get to see the inside of this particular pedal, I did see CAD drawings of one of their pedals. Hard to believe that some of these effects have four layers in their boards. It is a hard to pay more money on an OD/Distortion when there are so many options out there. But this is one of those where you would only need one pedal.

http://markweinguitarlessons.com/forums/threads/strymon-veers-out-of-their-lane.79653/

The Strymon Social

http://markweinguitarlessons.com/forums/threads/strymon-social.79664/

FWIW, it is a great pedal and if I didn't so many different types of OD's/Distortions, I would get one!

Been watching reviews of this all morning (screw you work). This is one hell of a pedal. Can Strymon make a bad pedal? Damn!

Last edited:
Ok the Riverside is a wonderful pedal. Like the El Cap, I can’t find a setting that isn’t useable. It even plays nice through the Kemper, tho if I keep it I’ll be using it with my Orange. Solid solid solid pedal.

HNPD :)

To be honest, if money wasn't an issue I'd have most of the Strymon pedals. :embarrassed:
Fabulous stuff.

An update on the Riverside. I’ve taken advantage of more features aside from the incredible dirt this thing makes. It’s like 5 great pedals in one, and I’m not using any of the MIDI capability, which includes room for 300 presets in three banks of 100!

I have my Riverside set to buffered bypass and connected a fav switch and an expression pedal. The fav switch is set to turn on the boost, up to 6 dB, and the expression pedal is set as a volume pedal with a log sweep. I can access both the boost and the volume pedal whether the Riverside is active or bypassed!!

Then I have the fav settings for the gain and the manual settings.

Then I also have the built-in smart noise gate which behaves so well you never notice it unless the Riverside isn’t hooked up.

And to top it off, the dirt this baby makes is epic. I used it at band practice and everyone was impressed by the toanz.

Your pedalboard is a fixed size, 32" x 16". :embarrassed:

Remember, I have a Pedaltrain 2 i the attic. Also, my plan is to eventually put an H9 on there when I can afford it. I have to admit that I really dig the pedals I currently have though. The Friedman Dirty Shirley has been incredibly useful, the Sparkledrive MOD is still a staple and the Wampler Velvet Fuzz gets used quite a bit, too. The only disappointment has been that the RYRA 808 doesn’t work the way I had hoped but its still a good pedal. And I ended up using it a bit more since I only played my PRS last night. It’s just not as friendly with my higher output instruments.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Remember, I have a Pedaltrain 2 i the attic. Also, my plan is to eventually put an H9 on there when I can afford it. I have to admit that I really dig the pedals I currently have though. The Friedman Dirty Shirley has been incredibly useful, the Sparkledrive MOD is still a staple and the Wampler Velvet Fuzz gets used quite a bit, too. The only disappointment has been that the RYRA 808 doesn’t work the way I had hoped but its still a good pedal. And I ended up using it a bit more since I only played my PRS last night. It’s just not as friendly with my higher output instruments.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Toys in the Attic are definitely better than Rats in the Cellar. :grin:

Back