Mojo Request Stress

Sometimes depression shows itself as anxiety and stress. When my depression is at the worst my mind races, I can't concentrate on work, and I have trouble accepting reality. For medication helped, but I had to really look at irrational messages that played in my head that led me to make bad decisions. It always seems self-serving for a therapist to suggest therapy, but I wouldn't be where I am without it. PM me if I can help, and hang in there. I have been in many spaces that seemed hopeless, and I'm still here.

Good luck and mojo. I took a new job in April and spent much of the past nine months thinking I made a major mistake and frequently worried that every week would be my last, so I can definitely relate. However, I have tried really hard not to stress out about it (well, TBH, for the most part -- I have been stressed at times). Que sera sera. Fortunately, my wife has been really supportive and says if I have to get a new job, so be it.

possibly losing your job and massive debt piling up....what they have in common is they are both things you really have no control over...look at it as a challenge and overcome the mofo's which are being bastards and causing you stress. As Gary said you can really only do what you can do. Overcome and grow...the debt, learn from it (hey I got a good sum of debt too and I'm sure most people do) and to quote Aerosmith "chip away at the stone" make yer payments limit any new debt and take the small victories that you can and here's another idea...since both of these things make you feel like you have no control do something that puts you firmly IN CONTROL....make some simple decisions, clean something, get rid of something....do stuff that is positive and putting you in charge so to speak....also Gary mentioned meditation well also try to live in the moment (easier said than done) blah blah blah

Good luck and much mojo :)

Reactions: wok
Much Mojo. I can definitely relate. I've lived my whole life with chronic major depressive disorder and anxiety off the charts. The depression part responds to some meds in varying degrees but haven't found one that has a big impact or that doesn't lose it's effectiveness after a few months. The anxiety laughs in the face of meds. 3 daily doses of Clonopin and Quitepine don't even make a dent.

I could write a book on self-sabotage. If there's a way to undermine my own best interests, I'll find it and flog it. This is why I never could last in corporate America, or work for anyone else for very long before I tossed a grenade and fell victim to the shrapnel.

On the bright side, it's what pushed me into writing and music as a means to support myself without answering to anyone. It wasn't easy, and the odds were stacked against me, but I caught some lucky breaks and the rest is history.

Unfortunately, being financially stable and being free from the pitfalls and challenges of working a regular job had no affect on the depression or anxiety. Such is the viciousness of the illness.

Do your best to manage. If there's an opportunity to try and save the job, be contrite and honest. It may be what makes the difference. Some companies even offer help for employees that suffer these demons.

Best wishes and sincere mojo.

Much Mojo. I can definitely relate. I've lived my whole life with chronic major depressive disorder and anxiety off the charts. The depression part responds to some meds in varying degrees but haven't found one that has a big impact or that doesn't lose it's effectiveness after a few months. The anxiety laughs in the face of meds. 3 daily doses of Clonopin and Quitepine don't even make a dent.

I could write a book on self-sabotage. If there's a way to undermine my own best interests, I'll find it and flog it. This is why I never could last in corporate America, or work for anyone else for very long before I tossed a grenade and fell victim to the shrapnel.

On the bright side, it's what pushed me into writing and music as a means to support myself without answering to anyone. It wasn't easy, and the odds were stacked against me, but I caught some lucky breaks and the rest is history.

Unfortunately, being financially stable and being free from the pitfalls and challenges of working a regular job had no affect on the depression or anxiety. Such is the viciousness of the illness.

Do your best to manage. If there's an opportunity to try and save the job, be contrite and honest. It may be what makes the difference. Some companies even offer help for employees that suffer these demons.

Best wishes and sincere mojo.

Wow, seems you have been dealt a worse deal than me, I have not suffered from depression with my anxiety.

But yes, working for others tends to end in disaster for me at a certain point. It’s almost like I sabotage things just to force change, even though it’s probably the worst thing to do. And I can’t stop myself doing it.

I wouldnt even know how to begin working for myself or even what to do.

Back