Stranger Things

jp_nyc

Kick Henry Jackassowski
If you have Netflix start watching Stranger Things ASAP. IMHO this is the best show Netflix has done so far. It’s like taking a bath in all the best parts of 1980s pulp culture.

Agreed. Watched the first episode last night and was addicted. The 80's vibe bought me back to my childhood with lots of memories. And the vibe is not overly done like "Hot Tub Time Machine".

Looking forward to the next episode.

If you have Netflix start watching Stranger Things ASAP. IMHO this is the best show Netflix has done so far. It’s like taking a bath in all the best parts of 1980s pulp culture.

You ain't lying about that. After watching 2 episodes, I am sad that there's only 6 more left. If they could keep this tone and quality up, I'd watch 100 episodes of it.

My 14 y/o son and I are watching it together, but we're taking spacing it out a little bit to savor the pitch-perfect Spielberg/Stephen King flavor of the series.

Funny you posted this.... I watched the first two last night and was going to ask if anyone else was digging it as much as I am. :helper:

Watched three episodes last night. It's OK, I guess. Interesting enough that I want to watch more.

I am enjoying the '80s stuff, especially the radio shack cb radio walkie talkie. I had the three channel one on the right of this pic:

1978RealHT.jpg

I finished this last night. And I enjoyed it.

but...

It's the most derivative show I've seen, in my life, save for possibly Kill Bill 1 (and of course Tarantino was very open by noting that the film was simply a mashup of many of his favorite films). So many scenes were taken (almost directly) from so many other shows and films. If this is an homage, and it was put forth as such, then that's awesome. But I did not see a single "new" idea in the series. Not one. All of this has been done before.

but...

I thought it was entertaining for sure. I enjoyed all of the 80's references. And I will watch Season 2.

and yes...

I know that there's not a lot of new content out there. I get that. As Barn Stormers know, 2 of my favorite films, Wrath of Khan and Jaws, are based upon the same book. And yes, Star Wars, and the Hero's Journey. I know. I'm probably being too harsh.

I started watching it last night and ended up staying up to watch four episodes. Good stuff for sure. So far, it's like Stephen King rewrote the script to E.T. after playing a bunch of Resident Evil and Silent Hill.

I finished this last night. And I enjoyed it.

but...

It's the most derivative show I've seen, in my life, save for possibly Kill Bill 1 (and of course Tarantino was very open by noting that the film was simply a mashup of many of his favorite films). So many scenes were taken (almost directly) from so many other shows and films. If this is an homage, and it was put forth as such, then that's awesome. But I did not see a single "new" idea in the series. Not one. All of this has been done before.

but...

I thought it was entertaining for sure. I enjoyed all of the 80's references. And I will watch Season 2.

and yes...

I know that there's not a lot of new content out there. I get that. As Barn Stormers know, 2 of my favorite films, Wrath of Khan and Jaws, are based upon the same book. And yes, Star Wars, and the Hero's Journey. I know. I'm probably being too harsh.

Kinda like the 6000 super hero movie remakes/sequels

Back