Strange GAS

I was going to say, it's perfect for you. You're a working musician and it has all the bells and whistles you need.

Ihad a cheapo analog clock in my pedal board for a while--easier to read than digital display--but it couldn't hold up to the abuse. I'm really missing it, and strongly considering something like this.

As the new guy in my band, I just show up and play. Ill let the singer tell me when to take a break.

Other then breaks ans ending time, what else is a clock on the pedal board usedul for? What am I missing?

As the new guy in my band, I just show up and play. Ill let the singer tell me when to take a break.

Other then breaks ans ending time, what else is a clock on the pedal board usedul for? What am I missing?
Cooking meth during the show.

No, that's it. I like having the timer for timing set lengths in rehearsal too. All stuff you can use a watch for but I like not being obvious checking my watch or phone on stage.

Cooking meth during the show.

No, that's it. I like having the timer for timing set lengths in rehearsal too. All stuff you can use a watch for but I like not being obvious checking my watch or phone on stage.

It's brilliant actually for that. When you're looking at you phone or watch on stage it can show a presence of "can't wait until this is over" and you have other places you would rather be.

It's brilliant actually for that. When you're looking at you phone or watch on stage it can show a presence of "can't wait until this is over" and you have other places you would rather be.
I also have my iPad on my mic stand most gigs for monitor mixes and the occasional song lyric but to me it looks just as bad to be fiddling with that too even though it's less obvious.

I got a picture of one on my other camera. I will post when I get home. Saw this one at a Bass event when Jr and I went looking for an upright for him. Irony was 'The Bass Hang' was having the event on the same day that we visited.

Breaks and ending times are important! Besides that, there may be some time-sensitive songs you want to hit ("midnight hour", "after midnight", or "auld lang syne"), you might want to get the timing right on your food order so you can eat during a break, or it might help you monitor the rhythms of the club ("Last time we played here, the place cleared out at 9 pm. Let's go into a medley-heavy power hour and see if we can keep them here until the 10 pm post-restaurant crowd starts trickling in".

My only complaint is the price seems rather steep for a digital clock that costs $10 at Walmart, albeit with a few more bells and whistles.

Sadly I failed in finding the pic but I did find something else that is cool at the bass hang get together.

IMG_2280.JPG

Great for powering small boards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=130&v=G4Lmi_J8Hx8

Last edited:
Back