Hot or Not? Store visit - Strandberg

wok

Unholy Meat Obelisk
Paid a visit to a store in Edinburgh this Saturday called Guitar Guitar . Not been for a few years, and they had a shit ton of really cool gear, a lot of high end stuff you don't find in regular shops around here (Fender Custom Shop, Mayones, Suhr, Gibson, lots of boutique amps etc.

Finally managed to get my hands on a Strandberg, which have been on my wishlist for ages. They had quite a few, I tried this one:

https://strandbergguitars.com/product/boden-os-cl7/

boden-cl7-blue-front.png

I know they are not to everyone's taste, but they had a lot of hype, and being a Steinberger fan, I couldn't wait to try it.

they definitely live up to all they hype! HOLY SHIT! :eek:

Clean it sounded crystal clear with that magic 'sparkle' and driven it sounded defined and clear.

I was sceptical about their Endurneck profile https://strandbergguitars.com/strandberg-endurneck/, but it felt natural and comfortable right from the start. I couldn't put it down...

EndurNeckIll-300x1024.png

I have so much GAS now, more than I have ever had before. Now all I have to do is save money :(

Do it!

It looks nice too :)

I've always liked a nice maple fretboard with a nice blue guitar.

I've been infatuated with those for a while. The only things that have dissuaded me has been that odd, sharp profile, and the carbon fiber rods in the neck.

I've been infatuated with those for a while. The only things that have dissuaded me has been that odd, sharp profile, and the carbon fiber rods in the neck.

I was also sceptical about the profile, but it doesn't feel strange or uncomfortable.

The fanned fret also isn't really as noticeable as you would expect, it's quite easy to adjust to

I forgot to mention that the guitar was also a lot lighter than I expected.

I was also sceptical about the profile, but it doesn't feel strange or uncomfortable.

The fanned fret also isn't really as noticeable as you would expect, it's quite easy to adjust to

I forgot to mention that the guitar was also a lot lighter than I expected.

I like fanned fret guitars... and light guitars. Both are directions I plan on moving towards on more of my guitars in the future.

i'd have to try the square neck shape thing and fanned frets before I would buy one.

I've seen those, but was always put off by the squared neck. It looks like a neck that would be comfortable if you always play with your thumb on the back of the neck, but I like to wrap my thumb around the neck and it seems like that would be uncomfortable.

Back