Hot or Not? Stop. Hamer Time.

VoidTerraFirma

Live to wine
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

2001 Studio USA. Aztec Gold. $1500.

https://reverb.com/item/523259-2001-hamer-studio-usa-gatsso-aztec-gold-w-case

Love it. I am always frustrated by Hamer guitars because I love the way they look, but the ones I have played had wide, thin necks that just weren't comfortable for my hands. They must make other neck profiles, but I haven't come across them yet.

That's not even a week's salary for a (presumably) nicely made, USA crafted instrument with premium parts. Do you expect to pay a day's salary for it? Two days' salary? Do you expect to buy a nice car for a month's worth of salary? I just don't get it.

That's not even a week's salary for a (presumably) nicely made, USA crafted instrument with premium parts. Do you expect to pay a day's salary for it? Two days' salary? Do you expect to buy a nice car for a month's worth of salary? I just don't get it.

Can I finance it for 72 months?

Beautiful guitar!But after the home equity loan payment on the house where I no longer reside and the bit the IRS takes every month, that Hamer is more than my payday.

I am always frustrated by Hamer guitars because I love the way they look, but the ones I have played had wide, thin necks that just weren't comfortable for my hands.
Exactly this. The radius is also ridiculously flat.

I've never seen any other profile on an Artist/Studio type model.

Last edited:
You're assuming what his weekly salary is. That's 2 weeks for me, too expensive for my budget, but I don't think it's too expensive for what it is.

And, oh yeah.... Hot.

I get paid every two weeks and even if I went by my gross pay, before deductions, a single paycheck wouldn't be enough buy that guitar. My wife and I together didn't make enough last year for that to be a week's pay, and she's in academia and was an adjunct professor for a couple classes on top of her regular day job.

So, no, not a week's pay for most people. That's $100K a year. The median US household income is $51,939, and we do make more than that, but still not enough. Even the average, which is heavily weighted by people that make millions and billions per year, is $72,641, which is still not enough.

So, to assume that's just a week's pay for anybody is way off base.

However, I will stop as this is broaching on a topic for which Mark may stick a cactus up my ass.

I'm thinking Derzu may have had tongue slightly in cheek; then again... :shrug:

As for the Hamer: hey, I'd give it a shot.

Back