Question: Stereo Setup

profgalen

Helper
I love running my rig in Stereo. I usually run my pedalboard with a Dunlop Stereo Tremolo last then into two matching Fender amps. But now I want to try something different. I want to use my SansAmp FlyRig5 into something to split it into stereo.
Any suggestions.
These are my options.
p3_usgcn04tz_ss_zpsoumm7vo4.jpg

61JGDuhsGoL._SL1000__zpsuboi4ogu.jpg

BlueSkyReverb-large_zpsohppyq48.jpg

Tremvelope-large_zps132nifds.jpg

The Blue Sky has stereo in and out as well as the Flashback.
The FlyRig5 has a delay that sounds pretty good, but that doesn't rule out the Flashback.
It also has decent reverb, but not as good as the Strymon.
The dunlop is my old stand by that i'm very familiar with. sounds great for stereo.
The Pigtronix Tremvolope is new to me and does some cool stuff. It also take an expression pedal for pan that may be useful, but I doubt I would use it. I'm thinking I might try several linked together. Like tremolo to stereo out to stereo in of reverb to stereo out to amps.
Any suggestions.

I've always been curious about trying a stereo setup but honestly it all sounds too complicated to set up and break down if you're a gigging player. I don't really have a suggestion for you but I'm curious as to how you decide to run you're rig.

I would think a trem would be the natural choice since you already have delay and reverb. You can always upgrade those two later, but the trem usually comes at the end and it would be a new toy.

My first thought is that a stereo delay would be the first point to introduce stereo separation. Especially something like a ping pong delay. Then with stereo reverb and/or tremolo, you could layer those effects on top of each channel.

This way, if you just want a fuller sound, you can go with subtler settings on the delay. If you want a wild back and forth bouncing sound, you can go with more extreme settings on the delay. Then use the reverb or tremolo settings to add more movement across the stereo soundstage as well as the reverb or tremolo feel.

In the past, i've played a couple different stereo rigs and delay last was my pref because they had more variety avail in the left/right effect than did the reverb or trem ones I tried. YMMV depending on the effect driving the stereo signal.

Another vote for splitting with the delay. Running into two amps at once is glorious, even if you're not running any effects.

The best pedal on you list is the Blue Sky, so if you are using just one with your fly rig, I'd go with that.

I would do mono into the Trem and then stereo > Flashback > Blue Sky > two amps. Because I'm an effects junkie. I kinda don't find stereo rigs worth it live (too much extra stuff to hook up/carry for little return effect for the audience), but they sure are fun to play around with.

Back