Stereo Effect True Bypass Mod

RyanNo3

Pedals - Pedals - Pedals
I'm working on one of @Help!I'maRock! 's pedals with a stereo output. I would very much like to not josh it up.

DOD Rehouses FX75-B so it has a JFET bypass switch. HIAR has heard some signal bleed through when the effect is bypassed.. Rather than try and hunt down the component, I'll just bypass it all and let the Flanger flange.

I think I have it mostly figured out. I just want @Wyatt , @dodgechargerfan and @Modern Saint to double check my work. Also, anyone else that wants to double check.

I used my brain muscles and put this together...

upload_2018-1-8_9-25-12.png

I will have to jumper the pedal to be always on, but other than that... This should be a wire and a switch.

Thoughts? I can't find a true bypass mod anywhere on the internets-a-whose-it for a true bypass effect with stereo out.

Last edited:
I'm working on one of @Help!I'maRock! 's pedals with a stereo output. I would very much like to not josh it up.

DOD Rehouses FX75-B so it has a JFET bypass switch. HIAR has heard some signal bleed through when the effect is bypassed.. Rather than try and hunt down the component, I'll just bypass it all and let the Flanger flange.

I think I have it mostly figured out. I just want @Wyatt , @dodgechargerfan and @Modern Saint to double check my work. Also, anyone else that wants to double check.

I used my brain muscles and put this together...

View attachment 38400

I will have to jumper the pedal to be always on, but other than that... This should be a wire and a switch.

Thoughts? I can't find a true bypass mod anywhere on the internets-a-whose-it for a true bypass effect with stereo out.

Only question I have is, when in bypass, is the second amp (stereo connection) completely off? The diagrams shows the Stereo out to be disabled when in bypass.

Only question I have is, when in bypass, is the second amp (stereo connection) completely off? The diagrams shows the Stereo out to be disabled when in bypass.

Correct. I have to verify that's how it operates now. I don't think the bypass signal is split, but if it is... I can just jumper the last two lugs...

upload_2018-1-8_10-38-28.png

But then the signal is permanently split... I could add a buffer in the bypass I guess...

Correct. I have to verify that's how it operates now. I don't think the bypass signal is split, but if it is... I can just jumper the last two lugs...

View attachment 38402

But then the signal is permanently split... I could add a buffer in the bypass I guess...

You are going to want to add a buffer due to signal loading from two amps.

Back