Step aside, every other hot sauce ever invented...

Actually the real story is even funnier. A friend bought this and gave it too me after it was too hot for her. She likes hot sauce but is not familiar with the different peppers at all. She saw habanero and thought no I don't want that it's too hot I'll get this Ghost pepper one it doesn't sound too hot. She never read the label came home and proceeded to put about a teaspoon worth on a piece of lettuce then ate the whole thing and thought she was going to die. I use this sauce primarily to kick things up a notch and not straight up since it's a bit too hot for me that way. I don't think it tastes like cayenne pepper paste since I think it is much much hotter than that. A drop makes my mouth go numb :eek:

LOL, mojo for your friend.

I don't think it tastes like cayenne pepper paste since I think it is much much hotter than that. A drop makes my mouth go numb :eek:

Def hotter than cayanne but I get a distinct intense cayanne flavor from a lot of hot sauces that use commercial pepper extract.
There's a couple exceptions like Cajohn's Z and 5 Minute Burn from the Chile Pepper Co where their flavor isn't impacted by the extract they use.

The too-hot sauces are useful to me. Someone bought me a bottle of Dave's private reserve insanity sauce, and I found it just the thing for chili, red beans and rice, etc. because just a drop or two added enough heat without messing with the flavor of the other seasonings...

I think ketchup is too spicy

Try this:
TOA_TKFG.jpg

Habanero Tabasco is good. Dave's is OK. I've been nursing a bottle of habanero sauce I made last growing season from all fresh/personally grown ingredients. Yes, I grow my own vinegar.
Seriously though, carrot and habs go hand in hand. Carrots are the first/most ingredient in my recipe. I grew those too.

So I was resupplying with the Yellow Bird habanero, and also decided to try this one - the flavor is quite a bit different. The habanero is still my favorite, but this one is nice too, especially for breakfast stuff:

19oz_yb_ser_front_v1-510x600.jpg

Reactions: Tig
I don't really think it's the #1 sauce in history, I just wanted my headline to be provocative. :embarrassed:

As far as the carrots, isn't that a common ingredient in habanero sauces? I don't want anything to do with a sauce that has habs as the first ingredient.
Click baiter!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Back