Step aside, every other hot sauce ever invented...

tiger roach

Urban Bovine Knievel
...there's a new sheriff in town.

Picked up a bottle of this stuff over the weekend. Just experienced it breathing new life into a leftover ham kolache.

19oz_yb_hab_front.jpg

Reactions: Tig
That one gets good reviews but it's hard to imagine it's the be all when the first ingredient is carrots and it lost a tie breaker to sriracha
https://www.thrillist.com/eat/natio...owbird-hot-sauce-vs-sriracha-thrillist-nation

I'd love to try it. Secret Aardvark is another you've got to try.

I don't really think it's the #1 sauce in history, I just wanted my headline to be provocative. :embarrassed:

As far as the carrots, isn't that a common ingredient in habanero sauces? I don't want anything to do with a sauce that has habs as the first ingredient.

As far as the carrots, isn't that a common ingredient in habanero sauces? I don't want anything to do with a sauce that has habs as the first ingredient.

Some sauces use carrots to add sweetness and some extra flavor to the mix. Personally my favorite sauces tend to have few ingredients beyond peppers, vinegar and salt.

Some sauces use carrots to add sweetness and some extra flavor to the mix. Personally my favorite sauces tend to have few ingredients beyond peppers, vinegar and salt.

I think it has a lot to do with the color of carrots being in harmony with the sunny orange of the habs, too.

But I'm gonna have to backtrack my statement about sauces with habs as the first ingredient, since I found one in my fridge that does that. :grin: Well scotch bonnets, but that's practically the same thing.

I got a bottle of this recently.

It's going to last a LONG time

I love the warning (sorry for the big pictures)

daves-ghost-pepper-review-description.jpg

And now they make a Scorpion Pepper sauce :eek:

The extract flavor in that one is overwhelming to me.....tastes like cayanne pepper slurry.

I don't care for the super hot ones because after the initial taste it's like what's the point. i want flavor. *edit* and apparently salt too :embarrassed:

Reactions: Tig
I'm a big fan of habanero hot sauces; they tend to have a nice bright fruitiness. Marie Sharps makes a good one.

Because regular Dave's wasn't hot enough? :i:

Actually the real story is even funnier. A friend bought this and gave it too me after it was too hot for her. She likes hot sauce but is not familiar with the different peppers at all. She saw habanero and thought no I don't want that it's too hot I'll get this Ghost pepper one it doesn't sound too hot. She never read the label came home and proceeded to put about a teaspoon worth on a piece of lettuce then ate the whole thing and thought she was going to die. I use this sauce primarily to kick things up a notch and not straight up since it's a bit too hot for me that way. I don't think it tastes like cayenne pepper paste since I think it is much much hotter than that. A drop makes my mouth go numb :eek:

Back