Star Wars Final Scene Sans Music

I'm familiar with the film (and the later cut) and I'm definitely a fan. But in the same breath you've declared it both overrated and one of the best war films around. So I remain confused about your opinion.

Sorry, I meant to say "underrated". I need a proofreader.

It'd be insane to call that one overrated, considering that it so many haven't seen it.

Hamill is also a fantastic voice actor. His work as the Joker on Batman: The Animated Series is flawless.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ms. Dmn23 decided she wanted to revisit the entire series recently. She'd already watched the first three when she told me about it so I thought, "Why not? I'll watch A New Hope, TESB, and ROTJ again. I haven't seen them in decades. I wonder if they're as good as I remember when I was a kid."

Holy shitballs, they're awful. Wooden acting, more plot holes than a Star Destroyer-sized hunk of Swiss cheese, and mediocre effects at best. The Williams score is the only thing worth a damn. WTF was I thinking?

I always got a kick out of folks who hated the prequels because of the bad acting. When I rewatched the original 3 for the first time in forever, I couldn't believe how bad the acting was. No worse than the newer ones.

I will agree with the mediocre effects, but for the time, they were great. You want to see special effects that haven't aged well go watch the original Clash of the Titans.

I always got a kick out of folks who hated the prequels because of the bad acting. When I rewatched the original 3 for the first time in forever, I couldn't believe how bad the acting was. No worse than the newer ones.

I will agree with the mediocre effects, but for the time, they were great. You want to see special effects that haven't aged well go watch the original Clash of the Titans.

Don't get me wrong, we had a lot of fun watching them. But the seven year old me who saw A New Hope in the theaters in 1977 remembers something akin to Lawrence of Arabia meets Close Encounters of the Third Kind. The reality is closer to an MST3K episode. :grin:

Yeah, I remember looking at a list of Oscar winners and being annoyed that Star Wars lost to Annie Hall.

Very inventive movies in very different ways.

Back