Star Wars Director news

Seems like it's becoming a recurring theme with Disney. See: Ant-Man. Hire people who are quirky folks with semi-unique and personal styles, and then get disappointed with their quirky semi-unique personal movies.

Fear the mouse:

giphy.gif

Yup...heard about this yesterday. They are calling it "creative differences" according to the radio story I heard.

franchise movies exist because Hollywood has had an extreme lack of original talent or ideas for the last several decades. In other words, who cares? Name a single movie in the last 20 years that was as original as the first Star Wars movie?

franchise movies exist because Hollywood has had an extreme lack of original talent or ideas for the last several decades. In other words, who cares? Name a single movie in the last 20 years that was as original as the first Star Wars movie?
The Matrix?

just barely in by 2 years. OK, that's a good one. Weak concept as it didn't hold up in the sequels - but that's no different than Star Wars.
I only liked the first one.
Only liked the first 2 Star Wars.

I only liked the first one.
Only liked the first 2 Star Wars.

Yes, when you have Obi-Wan's ghost appearing and smiling at you, or Spock gets regrown from a baby accelerated back to adulthood to not miss a beat, then death doesn't mean anything and neither does the film any longer. Films use death almost exclusively to manipulate emotions, and when people just come popping back it becomes completely meaningless.

Reactions: DFB
Back