Stage Concert Acoustic-Electric Guitar Natural - Today's Price $599.99 - Reg $999.0

Those are really nice guitars, but Breedlove just does not have the name recognition of a Takamine or Alvarez.

I like that one -- looks like a just-about-perfect body size. I've always scratched my head at the prevalence of A/E dreads -- not sure why you need an uncomfortably-large guitar if you're just gonna plug it in anyway! However, that price seems rather high to me for an MIK guitar with laminated sides and a nato neck. Is that just me?

I like that one -- looks like a just-about-perfect body size. I've always scratched my head at the prevalence of A/E dreads -- not sure why you need an uncomfortably-large guitar if you're just gonna plug it in anyway! However, that price seems rather high to me for an MIK guitar with laminated sides and a nato neck. Is that just me?

Actually not. In the case of a maker like this it is more about the quality of the build. And all laminates are not equal. Takamine sells some laminate body (solid top) guitars that cost over a grand new (street price).

Actually not. In the case of a maker like this it is more about the quality of the build. And all laminates are not equal. Takamine sells some laminate body (solid top) guitars that cost over a grand new (street price).

Some builders prefer laminated over solid in fact.

I think there is a bit of balance issue regarding quality of the build and quality of the materials. You could build a solid body acoustic but if the wood isn't resonant, it's dead, what's the point? And there are full laminated back and side bodies that just boom and sparkle when you play em.

Back