Question: Squire Affinity Tele,are they worth the $?

DFB

Kick Henry Jackassowski
Looking into them as a mod platform.
This is probalbly what I'd get.
sq_af_tl_gmg_body.jpg

They only cost $200 and I played one in GC about 3 years ago,it didn't seem too bad.
Does anyone own ,or have played one ? Thoughts?
I am still lookimg for my tuxedo Tele body for a partsacaster. The Affinity is just to satisfy the Tele itch.

Nice,the only problem is I can't find them here. The local shops here have very,very few Teles.
I will have prolly to go through Sweetwater,or some other online dealer.

But I've never paid more $99 for one. I peruse the used section at GC, the uglier the better.
@tstrahle has played an affinity strat on a bunch of hit records. I would just play through a pile of them first.

These guys above know way more than I do. And it sounds like good advice. I was just going to say that you could also find a used Classic Vibe tele to mod from. They are pretty nice. But if the $99 used affinity works, . . .

Most see an Affinity Tele or Strat and go oh damn it's an affinity, smaller body yadda, yadda, yadda. It's an Alder body. Same stuff they make American Strats from in smaller form. Find one put together right and you have a great platform with great sound potential. I've a got an Affinity Strat only upgraded it with Fender 250 pots/switch. What currently pisses me off about them is that new they recently shot up in price from $179. Watch CL for one and use the yeah but it's an affinity and grab one cheap.

Squire Standards mod really well to and are made of Agathis. I've done 3 and love them. Standards are full size and both my Affinity and Standards have the sealed 14 to 1 tuners, that I've never had a problem with. With the Squier bullets flooding the cheap market I've seen some of the Bullets being advertised as Standards and they have cheaper tuners.

Last edited:
Affinitys are OK guitars, but remember that due to their being not quite the same size as standard Teles (Fender or Squier), some aftermarket parts don't fit as well on them, as they do on the standards.

I guess I'll save up and look for something else.
The aftermarket fit problem kills it.
Thanks guys.

I bought a used one to mod for $89 in like new shape a while back and it was a great player for the price without question. I never got around to modding it though bc I sold it to my nephew who fell in love at first sight. He has relic'd the hell out of that thing naturally in about 2 years. It's orange/blonde or whatever they named that color.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I've never found any consistency with Squiers - and I am a huge fan of them. My take has always been if you pick up a Squier and it feels good/right, you buy it right away, because it's going to be a good deal on a solid guitar. Never mind the platform/series. As for after-market parts, I never found that to be an issue.

What's the budget and intended use? A lot of the Classic Vibe stuff is close to usable (for gigging), stock.

My budget is $200-$300. The guitar is only going to be used at home. It will be my first mod project.
I think I'm just going to check local shops and CL for a used CV.

Last edited:
Sounds like a good idea.

Local CL today has someone selling a MIM Strat for $175, and another one going for $250. I think in your price range you can get something with better finish (fret ends, etc.) than an Affinity.

One problem is there are very few teles in my local CL.
The search begins.

One problem is there are very few teles in my local CL.
The search begins.
You might look at Guitar center used. Online even. You can have them shipped to a local store for free. And the prices seem decent, and you don't have to hassle with craigslist or ebay.

You might look at Guitar center used. Online even. You can have them shipped to a local store for free. And the prices seem decent, and you don't have to hassle with craigslist or ebay.

I have been looking,nothing caught my eye.
There was a CV Tele listed on CL.I am waiting for a reply from the seller.

Back