Squier VM Telecaster Thinline

From the threads I read on TDPRI, they have a similar profile to a baja tele. I hope that's true, 'cause I love my baja tele. I will have to play one before buying.

That's good to know. If I didn't have to deal with the re-fret I'd have to have done (due to my nickel allergy), and it's resultant cost making it unenconomical to re-fret Squiers (the refret would cost just about as much as the guitar costs to buy), I might consider getting it.

From the threads I read on TDPRI, they have a similar profile to a baja tele. I hope that's true, 'cause I love my baja tele. I will have to play one before buying.

profile but size? the baja has a beefy neck. Ive never seen a beefy sqiuer neck.
maybe it just has a similar V shape?

View attachment 17589

I came this close to buying one of these a while back. Sweet guitar. Sounded beautiful.

I had one of these in black. Fun guitar. However, I bought it specifically to flip, which I eventually did. I gigged it a few times in church, and at least once with the Americana-type band I was in at the time.

15427373294_ae3cbedf3d_o.jpg

Note: these have a Gibson-length neck scale!

These squiers are now out of stock everywhere and the date at MF is 1/23/15.

So I'm either gonna really, REALLY, want one by then, or have gotten over it, lol.

Wow, didn't know they were selling these with the WRHB pickups now. I got one of the 69' versions in shoreline gold when they first came out. It's a great guitar in every way. I just didn't care for the Duncan designed pickups very much so I routed the neck out and put in a TV Jones classic. I also stuck a Rio Grande Muy Grande in the bridge and added a snakeskin pickguard for a slick touch. She's a killer axe now. All of the components are very good quality and the routings are top notch.

IMG_0683.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^ way hot.

Still want one of the VM 72 thinlines. From what I've read online, the neck dimensions are almost exactly that of my Baja tele, which I love.

profile but size? the baja has a beefy neck. Ive never seen a beefy sqiuer neck.
maybe it just has a similar V shape?
Dunno. Same nut width as the Baja, and I found a thread on tdpri with a thickness measurement at the first fret that was the same as my Baja as well. Wish I had more info. Going to have to find one to play first to confirm. Might be a couple months as it looks like they won't be available again til the end of Jan/15.

These squiers are now out of stock everywhere and the date at MF is 1/23/15.

So I'm either gonna really, REALLY, want one by then, or have gotten over it, lol.
Date went to 1/25, which passed. Sunburst is in stock, and the natural is now showing 2/20 - guess my money is still safe.

I bought the Fender Classic Player Thinline Tele Deluxe last year on a closeout:

Classic_Player_Telecaster_Thinline_Deluxe_3_Tone_Sunburst_MZ9430194_1.jpg

I have played the Squire Classic Vibe Tele Thinline through a '65 Deluxe Reverb Reissue, at a local store, and it was amazingly sweet. To this day, I would give it serious consideration.

i2pdpWzdyaP5RBWI8qbEzbpW8.jpg

I bought the Fender Classic Player Thinline Tele Deluxe last year on a closeout:

Classic_Player_Telecaster_Thinline_Deluxe_3_Tone_Sunburst_MZ9430194_1.jpg

I have played the Squire Classic Vibe Tele Thinline through a '65 Deluxe Reverb Reissue, at a local store, and it was amazingly sweet. To this day, I would give it serious consideration.

i2pdpWzdyaP5RBWI8qbEzbpW8.jpg
Both of those are amazingly nice looking. I really like that thinline deluxe.

Just go ahead and pull the trigger on the Squier already! I need to know how you like it :wink: :poke:
There's a shop in TX that has a natural in stock. They are out of stock everywhere else. I'm going to hold off 'til I can either try it first, or at least pick one from a lineup at Sweetwater.

Back