Dig it! Squier VM Jaguar HH Rebuild Thread!

vintage clubber

You gunky!
So I got this Squier VM Jag a couple of months ago. I never took shots of the guitar before dismantling it, but it was identical to these catalog shots:

I ordered a set of MojoTone Johnny Winter Signature Firebird Mini Humbuckers and had new pickguard cut by WD Music. I took the body to my luthier friend who routed for a Jaguar/JM tremolo. The only thing in question is whether the bridge placement will intonate without having to dowel and redrill. It centered right at 24" and I was actually able to use the existing bolts to secure the roller tunematic...:messedup:

It DOES look amazing, but that sure is a lot of work to put into a Squier -- forgive me, but I get this image:

75a3d0a0d1922dcddcec5e1efad06f08.jpg

It DOES look amazing, but that sure is a lot of work to put into a Squier -- forgive me, but I get this image:

75a3d0a0d1922dcddcec5e1efad06f08.jpg

You're calling it a polished turd? Even stock, those VM Jag HH guitars are very nice. I have had some turds across my bench that couldn't be polished, but I can assure you none of them were Squiers or Epiphones.

:Wave:

You're calling it a polished turd? Even stock, those VM Jag HH guitars are very nice. I have had some turds across my bench that couldn't be polished, but I can assure you none of them were Squiers or Epiphones.

:Wave:

I just meant that it seems to me like an awful lot of work to be putting into a sub-$300 (new) guitar! I always like the finished products you assemble from your pawn-shop specials.

I just meant that it seems to me like an awful lot of work to be putting into a sub-$300 (new) guitar! I always like the finished products you assemble from your pawn-shop specials.

Thankfully, I only paid $150 for the original guitar and I intend to keep it...:thu:

Back