Squier VM 72 Thinline - still out of stock!

MF puts dates on their website that they think a shipment will arrive on. But if something gets held up in customs, there's no telling how long it could be there. Then they have to push the date back on the site. It looks bad every time.

I've noticed that they get a few in, and they are gone instantaneously. Don't think it's necessarily MF's issue; more like Fender did not expect this kind of demand, and are trying to play catch-up.

I've noticed that they get a few in, and they are gone instantaneously. Don't think it's necessarily MF's issue; more like Fender did not expect this kind of demand, and are trying to play catch-up.
Yeah, it looks that way. I can't believe they are this popular though; this has been going on since Dec of last year.

This happens all the time with FMIC's lower-priced models; I waited 7 months to get my Marauder in Lake Placid Blue, and that was dealing with the right person at retail / FMIC. (Jury's still waaaaaaay out on that one ... talk about love/hate). I used to ascribe all kinds of theories, but then I just realized "hey, they probably have 50-100 model/config/color combos to work on, and they get to it when they get to it.'

Buying Squiers becomes labor-intensive in a way .... I would (almost) never buy one without playing it first (e.g., mail order) and you have to keep an eye on the rack ...

There are Chinese Fender basses that go out of print and don't come back. Including one I want to buy, but I think it's time to get on with my life.

I saw one today at my local M&P. If I didn't already have a nice thinline Tele, I'd have bought it. Terrific guitar.

I've now seen the blond version in stock at MF.. but as of today, both the sunburst and blond are out of stock.

FWIW, I still dig the sunburst one I have. After putting in 500k pots, it really sounds as good as it looks. Plays great too. Great deal for $300.

Just saying they exist...

6839463950_3c8d6040d7_b.jpg

Back