Speaking of Tokai...and Gibson lawsuits

telecaster911

Kick Henry Jackassowski
I found this on the guitar guru page.

1c8a560156a314b78972feee28109661.jpg

I find it hilarious that many people who buy such 'copies' talk about how great they are and often about how much better they are than the big brand but always go with the 'fake' big brand label. So, this guy says the previous owner did it...fine. I got that. It doesn't change the fact that the brand is the brand for that brand's products and many look at it as a design element which further adds 'value' to the brand.

I find it hilarious that many people who buy such 'copies' talk about how great they are and often about how much better they are than the big brand but always go with the 'fake' big brand label. So, this guy says the previous owner did it...fine. I got that. It doesn't change the fact that the brand is the brand for that brand's products and many look at it as a design element which further adds 'value' to the brand.
Yeah, that's weird to me...

At this point I'd rather tell people it's an Edwards, Tokai, or Bacchus.

I think it's because a lot of laymen don't take a guitar serious unless it's a Fender or a Gibson, because it's what they know. I've seen people get called out at local shows for having a five grand boutique Tele. "Oh you can't afford a real Fender huh?". What I don't get is why people care so much what the headstock says, and why they care so much about what other people think of the instrument they use.

I would never give a tiny little sh!t whether or not someone called me out for not having this or that. I have a difficult time understanding how anyone who has the nerve to play in front of an audience would be the least bit bothered by what someone might say about their guitar/gear. I am not denying that it is so. I am saying that it is absurd.

I would never give a tiny little sh!t whether or not someone called me out for not having this or that. I have a difficult time understanding how anyone who has the nerve to play in front of an audience would be the least bit bothered by what someone might say about their guitar/gear. I am not denying that it is so. I am saying that it is absurd.

It's more about how people are emotionally attached to their preconceived notions, and why would someone even bother to make the statement. People usually inform me of how good we were, but how much better we could be if I played a Les Paul. Why is my guitar choice their concern? Furthermore, what they hear has more to do with the amp and pedals than the guitar. The informed critic would tell me I need a tubescreamer :embarrassed:

Back