Speaking of getting stuff in the mail..

Steverino

black sheep
It had been 3 weeks since I'd sat down and gone through it all. Among all the usual junk were three "notices" from 3 different companies informing me that I have not yet contacted them to initiate my new vehicle's "long term maintenance contract". They were all from different sources, but all followed the same format. None of them had any pertinent info, like my car's VIN. All they know is I just bought a new Ford Focus.

It made me wonder how many fools fall for this, even if they have no warranty, they don't want one from these folks.

Garbage. I guess they get the info from Ford, or my bank?

I loved back in 2014 when we'd get stuff that said the warranty was about to expire on our 2004 Dodge Stratus.

The Stratus had 245,000 miles on it. I'm pretty sure the warranty ship had sailed.

I had a Hyundai that I leased whose lease expired in 2012. I still get those letters from the dealerships that say "I just had a buyer in here the other day that will pay top dollar for your Hyundai..."

I get those 'extended warranty' and 'will pay top dollar' junk mails all the time.

Who the fuck (sorry for my French) falls for those to where they have enough money to send all those junk mails in the first place? I mean, come on, there can't be that many idiots out there? :confused:

I get those 'extended warranty' and 'will pay top dollar' junk mails all the time.

Who the fuck (sorry for my French) falls for those to where they have enough money to send all those junk mails in the first place? I mean, come on, there can't be that many idiots out there? :confused:
You would be surprised...
My wife work for one of the major banks in the Office of the Chairman...they basically handle all types of high dollar claims that people and businesses submit with the bank once it gets to the level where lawyers may be involved. You should hear some of the stories she tells me about people's stupidity....

It made me wonder how many fools fall for this, even if they have no warranty, they don't want one from these folks.

Considering that people still fall for the nigerian prince email scams, I'm sure many people take that bait. It seems like every significant purchase these days that has a paper trail generates a ton of this 3rd party junk mail.

It had been 3 weeks since I'd sat down and gone through it all. Among all the usual junk were three "notices" from 3 different companies informing me that I have not yet contacted them to initiate my new vehicle's "long term maintenance contract". They were all from different sources, but all followed the same format. None of them had any pertinent info, like my car's VIN. All they know is I just bought a new Ford Focus.

Garbage. I guess they get the info from Ford, or my bank?

yea, i've gotten the same things, but with a used car, both the last two. and they don't quite either. and they get MORE INSISTANT!!!!

i throw them out. and laugh. but if you happen to have a few of them left, do this.
take the 'return this page' (or whatever) and stick it in a competitor's envelope and mail them back to each other. ha ha.

yea, i've gotten the same things, but with a used car, both the last two. and they don't quite either. and they get MORE INSISTANT!!!!

i throw them out. and laugh. but if you happen to have a few of them left, do this.
take the 'return this page' (or whatever) and stick it in a competitor's envelope and mail them back to each other. ha ha.
I threw 3 away yesterday, but not to fear, I'll have at least that many next month :grin:

I took my Corvette to the local Chevy dealer for some work a few months ago, and then I started getting letters from them saying they wanted to buy my car. Yeah, right, I'm gonna trade in my dream car, a 2007 Z06 corvette and get a Chevy sonic.:spit:

Back