Spalt Gate Guitar Vienna Style #25

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
http://www.destroyallguitars.com/new-arrivals-guitars/item/857-spalt-gate-guitar-vienna-style-25

$5,995.00

item is in stock

DESCRIPTION:
Once again, Michael and Tania Spalt have graced us with some truly spectacular guitars. They are loaded with character and dripping with beautiful tone with each one possessing a level of touch response that makes them a pleasure to play. These guitars not only inspire you to play but they will inspire you to play beyond your peak. It does not get any better.

The gate to Spalt's new location in Vienna needed replacement. To Michael Spalt it looked like prime guitar-building material. Nice weathered Pine boards - resonant and light - with a wonderfully textured surface! So, Spalt is making guitars out of it. It is a limited series of 50 (the boards will yield just about enough wood), commemorating Spalt's move.

This is a Gate guitar custom model. Mahogany body topped with pine boards from the gate, mahogany neck w/rosewood fingerboard, scarf joint and headstock overlay, 25 1/2" scale. Bigsby vibrato, Gotoh ABR bridge or Tone Pros wraparound tailpiece, Gotoh vintage style tuners. BoneTop P-90 style pickups.

SPECS:
- Mahogany body
- Mahogany neck, 3-bolt solid
- Indian rosewood fingerboard
- 25 1/2” scale
- Gotoh vintage style tuners

- Tone Pros wraparound adjustable tailpiece
- Dunlop straplocks
- Spalt BoneTop P-90 style pickups
- Volume, tone, 3-way w/push/pull for series mode

PRICING INFO:
- $5,995.00

I really dig that too.

If I paid that much for a guitar, my wife would divorce me, but I like it.

It's just weird enough, without being too weird, for me to really like everything about it . . . except the price. If I bought it, my retirement account would divorce me!

I like it, but I'd like to see the "binding" leveled to the top so that there is no rim no the face of the guitar.
Maybe black pickups, too. The colours look okay, but I think I'd like black covers better.

But, I'm not in the market for a $6000 guitar unless it only cost $600. tongue0

i actually think it's a nice look in the picture, except for the mismatched pickups. i have this weird feeling though that up close this guitar would look amateurish. can't figure out exactly why, but it's the vibe i have.

I really like the Gate series. Honestly, I've kind of been thinking about a NAMM arcturus with a similar color scheme.

Back