Soul Food falling out of favor?

Lerxst

spaghetti and blankets
I've noticed in all the usual places, there have been quite a few EHx Soul Foods coming up for sale....the usual buy/sell cycle or did it not live up to expectations?

I think lots of people bought them because of the buzz and the relatively low price point. I bought one just to try out and while it was in my rig for several months it wasn't worth keeping for me.

I had one, but I had a couple of other pedals that did the same thing but a little better.

That pedal is weird in that it dosen't sound good with ANY of my guitars except my Les Paul,and Sweet Baby Jesus does it sound GREAT with my Les Paul.

I love mine (bought from a distinguished member of this here board). I'm not an effects guy but it gives me that extra ooommph when i need it.

I bought one, and sold it pretty soon thereafter. I'm still chasing the horsie sound. Like @Help!I'maRock! , I'm more of a hard clip guy, but I really want to find my ideal transparent overdrive. The SF just sounded a little flat to me, for lack of a better term. My Foxpedal Kingdom is by far the closest I've gotten to date, and ultimately will be the keeper (probably). :)

I have been interested in one, but seeing the general reaction here has cooled me off to it. I have one drive pedal I love and is going nowhere, and one I can live with for now. That one is a great pedal, just not my sound. I was hoping the Soul Food was going to be a bit better than it has ended up being.

Back