Soooooo HNGD!!!! - part ii

mystixboi1

Kick Henry Jackassowski
Last week, I got a Music Man Albert Lee HH... what I didn't say is that I also ordered an Ernie Ball Music Man JP6 in Mystic Dream finish and piezo... aka "fully loaded". The coolest part about this finish is that it changes color depending on the light: blue, purple, red, green, maroon... it's pretty awesome.

I bought both with the intention of only keeping one.... I realized this week that the Albert Lee is too close to my Luke III, so it went back.

I have spent the past week playing with this one. I've owned a few JP's before, but none with the piezo... after a set up, and string change, this beast rocks.... I love the color and the piezo adds so much versatility.

I love that I can completely isolate the magnetic pickups... the biggest problem that I had with a few Carvin models that I had is that I couldn't do that. The pickups sound great and the guitar plays like all Music Mans do... wonderfully!!!!

Anyway, here are the pics:
P1020277.jpg

P1020264.jpg

P1020266.jpg

P1020260.jpg

6 months

Nice!

You should've gone with one of the Ball family reserve Koa ones, though :wink:

Cool guitar! And congrats on making it to the 6 month mark without flipping it! :thu:

I'll bet you really like it when it looks more purple. :love:

Oh for fuck's sake......

HNGD, but seriously, dude.........

I had 10 days on the other one, and it came in UNDER?

You, sir, have a problem.

And 7 days.

Oh for fuck's sake......

HNGD, but seriously, dude.........

I had 10 days on the other one, and it came in UNDER?

You, sir, have a problem.

And 7 days.

How is it having a problem? I don't think you can get the real feel and sound of a guitar without trying it through your own rig. A guitar might sound outstanding at a store but when you get home, it doesn't vibe with your rig. Right?

I have 30 days to try the HH out and it wasn't the best fit right now because it's too similar to my luke III.

How is that having a problem?

How is it having a problem? I don't think you can get the real feel and sound of a guitar without trying it through your own rig. A guitar might sound outstanding at a store but when you get home, it doesn't vibe with your rig. Right?

I have 30 days to try the HH out and it wasn't the best fit right now because it's too similar to my luke III.

How is that having a problem?

Just giving you a hard time, lol......you have owned/played/flipped more guitars that I could ever possibly think to......and that probably makes me a little jealous, truth be told.
:wink:

Hahaha. It's all good. I think we live in a great time to buy and sell gear. All of the options allowing someone to check out your first turn amount of time and then being able to get a full refund, you can go wrong. If you have really bad gas like me.

Back