Sooo I think I got the job ....

Awesome! I myself just started a new business venture marketing/selling a dental discount service (can't wait to visit Mark :grin:). Hopefully success is approaching both of us!

chears

Congrats! I just landed a contact that’s going to pay off my credit card, so I know how you feel.

Thanks guys. Really appreciate it.

They dont want me at Mazda. They want me at Infinity. LOL. They said today theyd like me to meet with the manager there at Infinity and if its not to my liking theyll put me on at Mazda. Haha.

Cool. It is nice to get a choice.

The mazda service advisors where I take my car are awesome. They have one guy who does all the Mazdaspeed accounts, and he is a fantastic older guy who club races his own Miata. He drives a mid 80's RX7, so he has a real love of the brand, and is the most helpful guy in the world for regular road car maintenance stuff and also has a ton of good advice for race set up too. You could spend two hours just talking to him about camber and turn in points.

I'm pretty taken aback to be honest. The dealership they want to put me into just won an award for best in the state based on customer reviews. The voicemail the recruiter left me and the follow up conversation was, to be honest, kinda mind-blowing. Like, "Dave not only spoke to me and to the HR director but also to the Director of Service for the entire organization about you, he spoke very highly of you and could not say enough about you. We all feel that you're more suited to the high-end dealership, you have what it takes to interact with a certain brand of customer. I think you'd like it, the facility is brand new and beautiful and if you find it not to your liking we can work it out for you at Mazda. Would you be open to sitting with them?"

Seriously....I don't even know how to react to that. I didn't stammer thankfully. Feels good knowing that a large company wants me so badly. I'm guessing the money at Infinity will be significantly more, but I guess we will see.

I'm pretty taken aback to be honest. The dealership they want to put me into just won an award for best in the state based on customer reviews. The voicemail the recruiter left me and the follow up conversation was, to be honest, kinda mind-blowing. Like, "Dave not only spoke to me and to the HR director but also to the Director of Service for the entire organization about you, he spoke very highly of you and could not say enough about you. We all feel that you're more suited to the high-end dealership, you have what it takes to interact with a certain brand of customer. I think you'd like it, the facility is brand new and beautiful and if you find it not to your liking we can work it out for you at Mazda. Would you be open to sitting with them?"

Seriously....I don't even know how to react to that. I didn't stammer thankfully. Feels good knowing that a large company wants me so badly. I'm guessing the money at Infinity will be significantly more, but I guess we will see.

Well, you always struck me as a reasonable and agreeable guy. Heck, everyone here and at HC liked you, and I get the feeling your online persona isn't all that different from the real you. Even when things rubbed you wrong, you just walked away rather than fight it out. I think companies are killing themselves these days to find exactly what they eliminated years ago under misguided cost cutting moves, which is friendly people who can do a customer interface job and leave the customer with a positive impression. I would guess there is more to lose from not having someone like you in a high end mark service department where interface/service is more important, but I think you would be great in either version of the job. Anyway, go to bed tonight feeling GREAT about yourself. :)

Reactions: Tig
Back