Sonic Highways series, how many are watching it?

I’ll check it out in April when I can finally get HBO Go without paying for cable.

Just got around to checking out the 7th, the New Orleans episode.
Wow. Just wow.

Fucking brilliant show. Brilliant.

I'd say this, even if you don't care much for the Foo Fighters' music, this is well worth watching.
And for some reason I now really want to visit New Orleans sometime. :embarrassed:

Just got this from the "Sound City" people:

"SONIC HIGHWAYS - PREORDER AVAILABLE NOW. OUT APRIL 7.

This eight part series follows Foo Fighters as they make their 8th album. Described by Grohl as a love letter to the history of American music, Grohl and bandmates Taylor Hawkins, Nate Mendel, Chris Shiflett and Pat Smear, along with producer Butch Vig, based themselves at a legendary studio integral to the unique history and character of 8 American musical capitals.

One song was recorded in each city as the band delved hard into the local musical currents: discovering how each region shaped these musicians in their formative years, and in turn the impact those people had on the cultural fabric of their hometowns.

Sonic Highways features appearances from the local legends who have become the musical and cultural ambassadors of those cities, including Buddy Guy, Joe Walsh, Dolly Parton, Rick Nielsen, Bad Brains, Chuck D, Gibby Haynes, Allen Toussaint, Carrie Underwood, and a host of others.

Preorder all 8 episodes now and receive bonus content of 10 extended interviews and more than 2 hours of never before seen footage inside the recording of Sonic Highways.

As a thank you for purchasing Sound City, use promo code 'deleted' at checkout to preorder the series for just $15, but hurry as the coupon will expire in 48 hours: http://deleted"

ordered up! Excited for it! As the boys and I are going to go see the Foos live, we will enjoy watching this in the meantime. :grin:

Just got this from the "Sound City" people:

"SONIC HIGHWAYS - PREORDER AVAILABLE NOW. OUT APRIL 7.

This eight part series follows Foo Fighters as they make their 8th album. Described by Grohl as a love letter to the history of American music, Grohl and bandmates Taylor Hawkins, Nate Mendel, Chris Shiflett and Pat Smear, along with producer Butch Vig, based themselves at a legendary studio integral to the unique history and character of 8 American musical capitals.

One song was recorded in each city as the band delved hard into the local musical currents: discovering how each region shaped these musicians in their formative years, and in turn the impact those people had on the cultural fabric of their hometowns.

Sonic Highways features appearances from the local legends who have become the musical and cultural ambassadors of those cities, including Buddy Guy, Joe Walsh, Dolly Parton, Rick Nielsen, Bad Brains, Chuck D, Gibby Haynes, Allen Toussaint, Carrie Underwood, and a host of others.

Preorder all 8 episodes now and receive bonus content of 10 extended interviews and more than 2 hours of never before seen footage inside the recording of Sonic Highways.

As a thank you for purchasing Sound City, use promo code 'deleted' at checkout to preorder the series for just $15, but hurry as the coupon will expire in 48 hours: http://deleted"

ordered up! Excited for it! As the boys and I are going to go see the Foos live, we will enjoy watching this in the meantime. :grin:
I'll be ordering too. I want the bonus material. The only complaint I had were the episodes were too short :grin:

They were here in Joshua Tree with Joe Walsh. It rocked. I think I posted something here ( or maybe it was on a film makers forum... dunno). Yeah a film makers. Shot on BlackMagic Cinema cameras.

Just finished the third episode in Nashville. I was dubious going in as I really do not like the modern Nashville product. But, . . .

So Fucking Good!!

Loved each one so far!

Back