Songwriters... the best representation of you as a writer..

mystixboi1

Kick Henry Jackassowski
Here's the scenario... 100 years from now, a time capsule is unearthed. The time capsule is from today and within are different artifacts from today. One of those artifacts is a media file that contains songs from musical genres.

If you were asked to provide a song that was the best example of you as a songwriter(not as a musician showing technical expertise... unless that's what you are as an artis), what song would you submit? and why?

Here's the song I would submit... it's called "Everything" from a solo album I wrote a few years ago. It doesn't show how I rocked, but it definitely shows how I like to write:

- pop rock songs with a catchy chorus and melody
- big layers of vocal harmonies
- guitar solo with a sense of melody but includes a few nice runs

Here's the song:

http://johnmendozamusic.com/track/316621/everything?feature_id=36213

How about you?

Good question. I'm the main voice of the band, but we're a collaborative entity. The drummer writes the lyrics. I write the music and arrange the rough draft. @smurfco writes his own parts and tells us why we suck so the song can change for the better.

Good question. I'm the main voice of the band, but we're a collaborative entity. The drummer writes the lyrics. I write the music and arrange the rough draft. @smurfco writes his own parts and tells us why we suck so the song can change for the better.

Are you on the new recording that he posted?

I'm not sure there is one. I have been in too many types of bands to nail it down to one sound. Plus I haven't recorded anything since 2000.

How very Rush of you guys. :poke:

Back