Help! Song suggestions needed for a slide show

shoeless

Riffin'
I am putting together a sort of family history slideshow and need some music background selections. Any genre is acceptable, but given the intended audience, I'll stay away from anything too heavy.

What I'm looking for are some up-tempo songs that would set the mood for looking back at a bunch of old family photos, and remembering fun/good times. To give some idea, here's what I have so far:

Remember When - Alan Jackson
We Are Family - Sister Sledge
What a Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong
Life is Beautiful - Keb' Mo'
Through the Years - Kenny Rogers
Smile - Uncle Kracker

As you may have noticed, those are not very up-tempo, which is why I need your help. Whatchya got?

replace Armstrongs ver with Brudda Iz

very uplifting

Springsteen- Glory Days
John Fogerty- Center field
those were the days- mary hopkin
grateful dead- playin in the band
skid row- I remember you
bryan Adams- summer of 69
storyville- good day for the blues
Warren Haynes- Soulshine

Tycho - Dive

Odd Nosdam - Root bark.....I uploaded this one back in 2011 :snooty:

Moby - Memory Gospel

Cocteau Twins For Phoebe still a baby

Fruit Bats - Be the Blessed Breeze

Broken Social Scene - I Slept with Bonhomme at the cbc ....(watch the video and see how great this goes with old family video)

Bibio - The Ephemeral Bluebell .....I also uploaded this one back in 2009 on a different youtube account

for those whimsical nostalgic moments. this was also used in the soundtrack of Woody Allen's Stardust Memories

replace Armstrongs ver with Brudda Iz
Good call, it has potential.
Vacation ~ The Go-Gos
That's a good call too since so many photos are from vacation trips over the years. :thu:
You've Got a Friend - JT/Carole King
That is a great song. It also reminded me of You've Got a Friend in Me by Randy Newman. One of those two will likely make the cut.
if it's not too mushy
Poems, Prayers & Promises - John Denver
I was not familiar with this song, but just gave it a listen. I like it...it may just work.

Still listening to a lot of these. The Spyro Gyra and Django songs may work too if I go for an instrumental section. Thanks guys.

Not necessarily too up-tempo but good songs nonetheless.

Good Riddance- Green Day
“Time of your life” song. This song was part every retrospective back in its day.

Time After Time-Cindy Lauper

Time Stand Still - Rush

Back